Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

It may vary by region, but Comcrap just started offering me a $10/mo discount (for a year) for enrolling in auto-pay. I didn't even have to get on the phone and beg, it was just there when I went to look at what plans they were offering.

Takes my poverty 100Mb plan down to $45/mo.

We're paying $160 and getting 500mb down but I only think we're paying for 150. Shit options here.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
39 bucks a month here, 400 symmetric.
Sarcastic Willy Wonka GIF

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Does it matter? None of us are really using that bandwidth for anything other than epeen.
I am.

You likely are too.

We're not using it 24/7, but it sure is nice to be able to go ahead and sync up a radarr library and have 8 seasons of a show done in 4 hours when someone requests it.

Also, if you didnt stream to everyone on your plex at 320p you would use a lot more up :D

Does it matter? None of us are really using that bandwidth for anything other than epeen.
That's what I figure - I'm not running a Plex server, and the most stressed it gets is when my idiot fuck trophies are upstairs watching the youtubes while I'm downstairs watching netflix or something.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I am.

You likely are too.

We're not using it 24/7, but it sure is nice to be able to go ahead and sync up a radarr library and have 8 seasons of a show done in 4 hours when someone requests it.

Also, if you didnt stream to everyone on your plex at 320p you would use a lot more up :D
While I do occasionally use it, most of the time - I don't. And neither do you. :p (Nor would I notice it if it wasn't the full 500mbps)

Movies now stream at 1080p, but that still doesn't matter.

We're paying $160 and getting 500mb down but I only think we're paying for 150. Shit options here.
We're paying about $80 for Comcrust cable 'Net. Oddly, when I finally got the cable I was so close to a major connection I was pulling AMMAZING speeds(after almost going bankrupt due to no high-speed for 3 years, don't ask). 500-600 down, 350-500 UP!!! Holy fuck!!! Then there was the time of Internet neutrality, things got adjusted, I'm now getting 300-500 down, 30-70up. :(

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
I bought an 86" tv a couple weeks ago and instead of returning to pick it up the next day, I returned it because the wife and I figured out we'd have to rearrange the whole living room turning our backs to the beautiful back yard we have. Guess I'll wait til we buy a house and keep that in mind while looking. Keeping our 7 year old 60" 1080p up.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I bought an 86" tv a couple weeks ago and instead of returning to pick it up the next day, I returned it because the wife and I figured out we'd have to rearrange the whole living room turning our backs to the beautiful back yard we have. Guess I'll wait til we buy a house and keep that in mind while looking. Keeping our 7 year old 60" 1080p up.
Wife wanted to go bigger when we remodeled last year - she wasn't "Seeing" it. I taped cardboard to the wall. "Oh, I guess that would be kind of big." We got 65. Or is it 70? I'll pay for a better mounting system. I like a quality corner mount folded flat to one side) against a wall, in/swing out as needed.

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
65 would be the max in my house.