Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

Does @Domon have a script that searches feeds for movies not in his collection and adds them to the download queue? Or does he manually add each one himself?
i use radarr and sonarr, which are front ends for python scripts if we're being particular. You can give it lists or rss feeds that just downloads everything that week that is above a certain imdb rating, etc. But i dont, i manually look at the trending top NZBs and pick the stuff i might like every couple of days.

What is automated is the replacement of old stuff with higher resolution as it becomes available. The scanners are just constantly running to update things up to 4k as they become available. The automated updates probably download 20 movies a day and replace old ones

• Gravy
Reactions: OzSTEEZ
i use radarr and sonarr, which are front ends for python scripts if we're being particular. You can give it lists or rss feeds that just downloads everything that week that is above a certain imdb rating, etc. But i dont, i manually look at the trending top NZBs and pick the stuff i might like every couple of days.

What is automated is the replacement of old stuff with higher resolution as it becomes available. The scanners are just constantly running to update things up to 4k as they become available. The automated updates probably download 20 movies a day and replace old ones
Cheers. I tried radarr and sonarr and didn't like them.

Cheers. I tried radarr and sonarr and didn't like them.
way back in the day i had the same opinion. These days theyre basically seamless. You do need something feeding them them, really they should largely be invisible and are just glue code to connect your NZB site to your usenet client, and then do post processing on the files after the usenet client downloads them (rename, move to correct folder, etc)

way back in the day i had the same opinion. These days theyre basically seamless. You do need something feeding them them, really they should largely be invisible and are just glue code to connect your NZB site to your usenet client, and then do post processing on the files after the usenet client downloads them (rename, move to correct folder, etc)
I also second Radarr and Sonarr.

Do you ever watch something and delete it because you know you will never watch it again
I never delete anything. I have 14-20TBs of ISOs for old games. Havent added to that collection in 10 years, but im not deleting it cause its only 20TB.

oddly not that much, most of waht she watches is on amazon prime. Creative Galaxy, Tumble Leaf, Bubble Guppies
Well then you are no help.

honestly she doesn’t need more to watch anyway. That baby is addicted and has a very strict screen schedule cause of it. Single parenting while packing has also gotten Her way too much extra time and she’s gonna need a major detox after we move.

For the most part QBittorrent does all of those things already, albeit not very well, but you can manage.

I never delete anything. I have 14-20TBs of ISOs for old games. Havent added to that collection in 10 years, but im not deleting it cause its only 20TB.
Did you used to get Phantom CDs in the US? When i lived in Europe, I used to buy these packages that came out once a month or two that was usually 6 CDs worth of games and software. You would need to dial into certain BBSs to get the hookup. This was circa 1997.