Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

If anyone has to pay >$5000 in taxes this year, this is a pretty sweet deal...

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv-american-express-personal-platinum-100000-points-5000-spend/

The bad: The card has a $550 fee the first year
The good: The 100,000 points are worth around $2,000 in travel. The card comes with a $200 calendar year credit (which you can claim twice the first year), so $400 total. It also comes with a $200 a year ($15/mo, plus some in Dec) Uber credit, which probably works for gift cards as well.

Total fees: $550 + 2% credit card fee to pay taxes. Assuming $5,000, that's $650 in fees.
Total gains: $2600

If anyone has to pay >$5000 in taxes this year, this is a pretty sweet deal...

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv-american-express-personal-platinum-100000-points-5000-spend/

The bad: The card has a $550 fee the first year
The good: The 100,000 points are worth around $2,000 in travel. The card comes with a $200 calendar year credit (which you can claim twice the first year), so $400 total. It also comes with a $200 a year ($15/mo, plus some in Dec) Uber credit, which probably works for gift cards as well.

Total fees: $550 + 2% credit card fee to pay taxes. Assuming $5,000, that's $650 in fees.
Total gains: $2600

Shame we already have the card.

Nothing :p But 1080p is basically dead, so im sure ill have a 4k device at some point.

I was pricing out 4K Tv's just yesterday. Was so close to pushing the 'order' button.

My current TV won't die. It's a god damned ancient 50" 720p plasma and the fucking thing won't die and I can't buy something new while the existing something just isn't as good but still perfectly fine and I'm sure a psychologist could explain it to me but fuck her, she's not the one paying for my new TV that I can't buy.

I was pricing out 4K Tv's just yesterday. Was so close to pushing the 'order' button.

My current TV won't die. It's a god damned ancient 50" 720p plasma and the fucking thing won't die and I can't buy something new while the existing something just isn't as good but still perfectly fine and I'm sure a psychologist could explain it to me but fuck her, she's not the one paying for my new TV that I can't buy.
Sell it

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Amstel