Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

On topic please
OK

tumblr_ook3glqDRI1ukldkho1_400.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and fly
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Global-Cro...round-7-Fluted-Blade-NEW-IN-BOX/153006877193?

The G-48 is the one with the "granton" blade edge.

Usually $100 or more. Japanese. This will be the 3rd Global knife I've got. Super light, thin blade, easy to use for hrs. Wicked Sharp. Like "didn't see that coming" sharp. Holds an edge pretty long. I've gone yrs without having to sharpen or even touch up my other 2. A harder, thicker blade would be better for cutting through bones. I've got a couple larger German chefs knives that do that wonderfully, but for non-bone cutting, I'm stoked this will arrive monday.

$76.20 to your door.

G-48.jpg

This thing is amazing. Highly recommended.

This thing is amazing. Highly recommended.

I would recommend you try a Masakage Zero if you want to have your mind blown by a knife.

I'm not a big fan of the handles on a lot of the Global knives, but they are pretty good and easy to find.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
I would recommend you try a Masakage Zero if you want to have your mind blown by a knife.

I'm not a big fan of the handles on a lot of the Global knives, but they are pretty good and easy to find.

Thx, I'll check it out.

what's the deal w/the handle for you?

Initially, the first Global I got was for my daughter because that particular model had a really small handle. I'd show her how to use it and when we'd cook I'd just use her knife 'cuz it was out, & ended up loving it.

Thx, I'll check it out.

what's the deal w/the handle for you?

Initially, the first Global I got was for my daughter because that particular model had a really small handle. I'd show her how to use it and when we'd cook I'd just use her knife 'cuz it was out, & ended up loving it.

I have big hands, and am a lefty, so some knives just don't feel comfortable. They can be a great knife but if it doesn't feel right in my hand I wont buy it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Of course that's best, but this thing gets pretty damn close for 1/10th of the work.
Yeah, there's a whole sharpening cult in the woodworking world where if you don't have 18 stones of stepped grit up to 10000, you ain't shit.

I'm not that enthused by sharpening, but I can tell the difference between a chisel or knife sharpened by a simple Norton oil stone and one stepped gradually up to 4000 grit on a Shun.

I have big hands, and am a lefty, so some knives just don't feel comfortable. They can be a great knife but if it doesn't feel right in my hand I wont buy it.

I can see that. I thought it might be a 'dimple' thing. I've seen reviews where people 'held' it and figured they wouldn't like it. For me, after a few uses, it was no big deal.

I talked with a big guy with massive paws that uses a specific, inexpensive, 10" knife with a massive blade, top to bottom, because he needed more clearance between the bottom of the handle and the bottom of the blade :lol:

Just picked up a set of 9 metric 3/8" drive deep 6 point Craftsman impact sockets (10-21mm) from Sears for $19. They're sale priced at $28 (down from $50, lolol), but there's a $10 "shop your way" thing going down on their website right now.

Plus, if you have the app, they'll bring it to your car and you don't even have to mingle with the hoi polloi.

For comparison shoppers, that's about the same price as you'd pay for the same set from Hazard Fraught, but without having to deal with the stench that pervades their store.

Last edited: