Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

a good guide rail and base for a circular is just as good at half the price most the time. I have a kreg jig and base for mine that works perfect.

Track saw is needed for those perfect kerf cuts where you need the edges super clean though, cabinetry and other things
I have a track, but mine is shit. Heh, that Kreg one looks nice.

Maybe its my terrible craftmanship or my shitty Harbor Freight saw, but I never seem to get a SUPER straight cut.
how straight is straight? On sheet goods i can be within 1/16 end to end pretty regularly. Now, for woodworking, thats crap and useless. But thats about what you can expect out of a circular saw.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
The blade that came with it. :lol: However, I'm guessing the shitty cut has more to do with my skills and/or the shitty drive motor on the thing.
You can cut with a drywall square, or if really pro you lean it and cut downhill

That's a speed thing. They throw up houses in like a week. Last custom house I built had been under construction for about two years.

Like they want those tract homes wired in two days.
Yeah I work in the same neighborhoods most days and I swear those Amish dudes went from a concrete foundation to framed + sheathed overnight. Mostly I assume that the construction guys do as good of a job as they're paid to do, my neighbor the brickmason runs a crew in developments that start at $1M and it's so bad he's considering a new line of work.