Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

I'm pretty sure you can get an unmanaged 10/100 ethernet switch for $3 at the Goodwill, brocephalus.

OMG REALLY?

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

@gee

is this thing any good?

For around the house stuff, it's pretty decent. It's temperature controlled and you can easily get replacement tips. And it's well made. And 70W should fire plenty of heat into stuff if you're recapping a mobo or power supply or something.

It's not the most precise thing, with a long heater so your fingers are far from the tip and it's probably not well balanced in the hand, so I wouldn't be using it for soldering surface mount stuff. But I've been spoiled by Metcal/JBC stuff in that regard.

I'm sure if you've got a job running around a newly built house putting up trim around doors and shit, it'd a great little machine.

Cordless jigsaw would be sweet. Though my oscillating tool has replaced my jigsaw for most places I'd use a jigsaw.

I've got an old Makita 10" fixed miter saw I'll never get rid of.
Does 4x4 and 2x6 and that's about 90% of your deck and fence and framing world right there. Oh no, gotta cut the rare 2x8 or 2x10? flip the board over. And it cuts household trim, smoke wood, ABS/PVC pipe and all sorts of other dumb shit.
Heavy as hell, and it makes the lights dim a bit when it starts up so you know it's good.

I built the deck on this camper, the catio, the hardwood floor at my first house and all sorts of other projects with it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
I've got an old Makita 10" fixed miter saw I'll never get rid of.
Does 4x4 and 2x6 and that's about 90% of your deck and fence and framing world right there. Oh no, gotta cut the rare 2x8 or 2x10? flip the board over. And it cuts household trim, smoke wood, ABS/PVC pipe and all sorts of other dumb shit.
Heavy as hell, and it makes the lights dim a bit when it starts up so you know it's good.

I built the deck on this camper, the catio, the hardwood floor at my first house and all sorts of other projects with it.
Mine's the great grand-daddy of this one: https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-10-in-15-Amp-Single-Bevel-Sliding-Miter-Saw/1001071446

Got it from my granddad's tool hoard when my grandma passed in 2020, along with a Stanley 110 block plane and a big old colonial era corner cabinet.