Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

I'm happy with air tools and hitachi cordless shit.
Hitachi is great. I have Makita cordless cause they are super compact. I prefer corded but the problem with being an electrician is the power is usually off.

Air isn't super available since cordless nailers became common.

Last power tool I bought was a brushless Ryobi impact driver on the clearance shelf at Home Depot.

I always make it a point to stop by the clearance shelf.

Got a couple DeWalt genuine 2ah 20V batteries for $50 each.

Paired those with the adapter to use them on my older 18v DeWalt tools.

Hitachi is great. I have Makita cordless cause they are super compact. I prefer corded but the problem with being an electrician is the power is usually off.

Air isn't super available since cordless nailers became common.
my hitachi gear is all my favorite tools, both air and battery. I beat the absolute shit out of their stuff, which i bought refurbished, and it still works great. Ive moved over the ryobi purely for the variety of tools that work on the batteries, but man their stuff is clunky and just unpolished compared to hitachi/metabo.

I keep mine in the upstairs part of my garage and every time it kicks off I just about jump outta my skin cuz its so loud and echoy up there
I moved mine outside the garage. Doesn't bother me at all anymore. I had to put a timer on it though, so that it doesn't come on in the middle of the night and wake up my neighbors. Only 10AM-5PM, unless I tell it otherwise via Zwave.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I moved mine outside the garage. Doesn't bother me at all anymore. I had to put a timer on it though, so that it doesn't come on in the middle of the night and wake up my neighbors. Only 10AM-5PM, unless I tell it otherwise via Zwave.
whered you find a 220v high amperage z-wave plug. Most those thingsd are limited to 15a or so

The price range on quality stuff like that is why I don't have a compressor now. No point in cheaping out on it now when most of my stuff is cordless.
I get it.

If I hadn't had a line on this coming out of a shop that was closing up (so that the owner could go grow weed in Southern Colorado instead of paint cars for a living), I would probably be more reliant on battery tools too.

I get it.

If I hadn't had a line on this coming out of a shop that was closing up (so that the owner could go grow weed in Southern Colorado instead of paint cars for a living), I would probably be more reliant on battery tools too.
It's wound up working well enough for me. I got the big Ingersoll Rand impact wrench and it takes strut bolts off so fast it's unbelievable. Add to that a bunch of Bosch and Makita stuff, and the only useful tool I'm missing is a spray gun.