Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

antibody tests still arent available here
They almost certainly are. Quest is doing them, and there have to be Quests up there, right?

In our case, our friend found the free testing because someone posted it on Facebook. One of the rare cases where Facebook isn't a toilet. I can only imagine that the same post probably said to get tested for the Chinese virus.

edit: https://www.google.com/search?q=antibody+testing+maryland

They almost certainly are. Quest is doing them, and there have to be Quests up there, right?

In our case, our friend found the free testing because someone posted it on Facebook. One of the rare cases where Facebook isn't a toilet. I can only imagine that the same post probably said to get tested for the Chinese virus.

edit: https://www.google.com/search?q=antibody+testing+maryland
apparently yes..... thats what i get for trusting my doctors office.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Where the hell did the ~$300 (Windows) laptop market go? I see nothing on Slickdeals.
Several million parents suddenly decided it was time to buy themselves or their kid a laptop. Supply, meet demand.:eek:
My wife wanted a fancy cover for her new CrapBook - 8+ weeks waiting time.:(

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Several million parents suddenly decided it was time to buy themselves or their kid a laptop. Supply, meet demand.:eek:
My wife wanted a fancy cover for her new CrapBook - 8+ weeks waiting time.:(
All kinds of tech stuff too sold out or hard to find. Webcams, mics, office chairs, chair mats to protect flooring, desks, etc.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Oh yeah, duh.
It is a bit shocking. I was lucky and bought/ordered the new craptop for my new job right when the shut-downs were happening. Lenovo - pos. Well, mainly the touchpad - off-center and only triggers to the left in the last 25% to the left. And it doesn't meet the right MS specs to change jack shit about that or scrolling direction. Screw it - ordered a mireless mouse. Done.

All kinds of tech stuff too sold out or hard to find. Webcams, mics, office chairs, chair mats to protect flooring, desks, etc.
I had a 4X8 whiteboard, hauled it up 2 flights of stairs to make my wife(teacher) a killer classroom. Tripod for her phone, carpet protector, a projector that hooks to her craptop. PITA. trump needs to send me an extra check, damnit!

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I had a 4X8 whiteboard, hauled it up 2 flights of stairs to make my wife(teacher) a killer classroom. Tripod for her phone, carpet protector, a projector that hooks to her craptop. PITA. trump needs to send me an extra check, damnit!
I wonder if people are gonna be more sympathetic towards teachers and their shitty ass salaries after having to wrangle their own kids for 6 months

Trying to find an above ground inflatable pool that's at least 32" deep.

Someone needs to train for shit.
She looked pretty short in the Zoom chat - just go to HD and buy a koi pond.

And good luck on the pool - all the parents have probably snagged them bitches up. Using it for recess time.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly