fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,301
Steam
mattressfish
http://slickdeals.net/#p5434

Dell Business has the PowerEdge SC420 P4-2.8GHz PCI-E system for $289 + tax w/ free shipping. You must login to see free shipping.

The system has an 8x PCI-E slot and no AGP slot. Someone was able to cut the plastic separator on the mobo and install a 16x PCI-E Nvidia 6600GT card in the slot.

Click here.
Click on the "Outrageous Deals" near the top right.
Customize the PowerEdge SC420 for $279.
Select the 80GB Serial ATA Hard Drive for $10.
Specs:
FREE UPGRADE to Intel Pentium4 processor, 520, 2.8GHz,1MB Cache
256MB DDR2, 400MHz,1X256, Single Ranked DIMMs
80GB, Serial ATA, 1 inch, 7.2K RPM, Hard Drive
Network Card Onboard
48X, Compact Disk Drive, 680M I, Half Height, Black
Onboard SATA, 1 Drive connected to Onboard SATA Controller
1 Year Basic Warranty Plan

Damn, I'm really thinking about picking this up...

Last edited:
fly said:
The slot IS x16 tho, from what I read...
Hmm, now that might change things a bit. But if you still have to buy the card, that's $300-$400 for a good gaming card. That's still about $700 for the rig. That's good, but not as awesome. This is something I will have to ponder.

gah! curse you for putting up hot deals right before christmas! I've been avoiding fatwallet like the plague in fear of the temptation of hot deals. Sounds pretty good though, $290 shipped, especially if that PCI-E slot can be used with the 16x cards. But that would require me to by a PCI-E card too.

If I could use my AGP card for now, then swap it out with the PCI-E card later, this would be a better-than-smokin-hot-sex-with-a-goat deal

Last edited:
theacoustician said:
Hmm, now that might change things a bit. But if you still have to buy the card, that's $300-$400 for a good gaming card. That's still about $700 for the rig. That's good, but not as awesome. This is something I will have to ponder.

I doubt you'll have long to ponder. I'd say there is a 80% chance this deal will be pulled or changed today.

They have a deal like this every month or so. Last time it was with an AGP slot and a slightly slower processor and 128mb of ram I think.

Pancake Wagon said:
They have a deal like this every month or so. Last time it was with an AGP slot and a slightly slower processor and 128mb of ram I think.

That was for the 400c. This is the first hot deal with this model, nub.

I've been thinking about building JJ a PC to spam on with some spare parts I have (40GB HDD, Radeon 8500, Asus P4B mobo, 512MB Mushkin DDR 2100). Would still need processor, optical drive(s), case, and power supply. Maybe it might be a good deal to grab this and let her use it. Then, if a good price comes around on PCI-E card at some point down the line, we could switch out PC's. hmmmm . . .