Hopefully my recent sex life is kind of an interesting story

man. that's great about graduating and settling in!! very exciting!!!
and number 2 is VEEEEERY appropriate. poking the fat girl's fun. :fly:

:heart:

Are you a girl or boy? I can't remember.

I iz a man

What type of lab work?

Congrats on the good things and I'm sorry on the bad things.

Uuh, they told me today to try and be mostly self-directed. So I need to make it up still. For the moment I have a project to analyze the results of. There are roughly 7,500 points of data involved and I'm less than impressed with the way they're organized. Also I don't think I've seen an excel sheet use cell XJ112 before. Also I found some evidence today to suggest that a portion of it is not entered correctly, so I'll have to look into that.

After that, if nothing else we have stacks of video tapes that we'd like to have digital backups of. Though I would rather not recode video 40 hours/week.

hmm, that is interesting

Its called a counter-bore + bung.
Also, while doing laminates is a good way to make furniture on the cheap, bear in mind that if you drop something on it, or it gets gouged or damaged in some way, its impossible to repair without it looking like ass.

edit - and rockler.com is an awesome site

This being the first time I've seriously attempted furniture, I'd imagine that any sizable damage is going to result in me building a better one to replace it :D

man. that's great about graduating and settling in!! very exciting!!!
and number 2 is VEEEEERY appropriate. poking the fat girl's fun. :fly:

:D

Why do I still wet the bed? Does it mean I'm going to be a serial killer?

Primary enuresis often responds well to operant conditioning. So have somebody bitchslap you when you wake them up in the night by peeing on them. It should be pretty easy to arrange.

Uuh, they told me today to try and be mostly self-directed. So I need to make it up still. For the moment I have a project to analyze the results of. There are roughly 7,500 points of data involved and I'm less than impressed with the way they're organized. Also I don't think I've seen an excel sheet use cell XJ112 before. Also I found some evidence today to suggest that a portion of it is not entered correctly, so I'll have to look into that.

SPSS ftw

that much data in excel? shouldn't you be using a stats package like SAS?

Probably. But the undergraduates we used know excel and not SAS. So we gather it there and then ... do whatever is needed.

Today the excel sheet actually told me that it couldn't save any more columns in that sheet.

built this frame in february:

u352posterc.JPG

built it out of wenge which is a really expensive african wood that's black and extremely hard (i used a peice of scrap and pounded the lid on the clearcoat can with a corner of it... this procedure normally dents the hell out of wood, didn't do a single thing to the wenge. they used to use it to make clubs for cops). that only has a clear coat on it, no stain, that's just it's natural color. Turned out nicer than any frames we found in the store and it only cost about $30 and a few hours to build... the joints are tighter than what we found in the store, it's got a nice look to it, and it'll last forever.

point is, i definitely recommend doing it... go read a website about building picture frames if you arn't completely sure how to do it, and if you have access to a router and a plainer it makes it a bit easier. we did that whole thing on a table saw actually and used an electric sander to smoothen it all out... which was still really easy.

the other option was to spend $200 to have it done at a framing store for a cheaper qaulity frame that would've fallen apart in 10 years.

my dad always built frames for stuff we put up around the house. He made some really sweet jigs for making perfect 90's. Unfortunately I don't have any power tools save a drill. I'd need to pick up a miter box and router to do it.

in the meantime several things sit in rolls in my closet awaiting framing.