Hooray for discrimination!

Well, I guess you are kind of right. FL has in its laws the right to deny adoption even for a single homosexual. Those other states bar homosexual couples because you have to be married to adopt and same-sex couples cannot legally be married in those states.

FL you cannot even be a single gay man and adopt.

Well, I guess you are kind of right. FL has in its laws the right to deny adoption even for a single homosexual. Those other states bar homosexual couples because you have to be married to adopt and same-sex couples cannot legally be married in those states.

Married to adopt? How asinine.

Married to adopt? How asinine.

The adoption agencies make the truthful claim that the welfare of a child is better when there are two parents rather than one. A study they did, however, showed that two homosexual parents were just as successful at raising a child as a heterosexual couple. A study that the opposition doesn't care for too much.

Truth be told, it is much harder for a single person to adopt a kid than a couple.

You damn right. They just throw their beliefs in there and couldn't give a fuck about facts, while claiming they are doing what's best for the children.. This is exactly the shit that pisses me off.. I want to live in a world run by facts, not beliefs.

Let's be clear, you're talking about adoptions from those states foster care systems, correct?

Let's be clear, you're talking about adoptions from those states foster care systems, correct?

Oh, sorry yes. The state's foster care system in those states only adopts to legally married individuals, so no gay parents. FL will adopt to a single person, as long as that person is not a homosexual.

I think it was from a variety of studies, but I don't exactly know the pool taken from.

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbc/policy/parents.html

I wasn't talking about the study, I'm talking about the "x state doesn't allow it" bit.

I'm pretty sure that's just the state's foster care system that doesn't allow it.

So it doesn't include private adoptions, or international adoptions.

I wasn't talking about the study, I'm talking about the "x state doesn't allow it" bit.

I'm pretty sure that's just the state's foster care system that doesn't allow it.

So it doesn't include private adoptions, or international adoptions.

No. What do you think is the percentage of children in the foster care system privately vs. in the state's system?

No. What do you think is the percentage of children in the foster care system privately vs. in the state's system?

Apples to oranges really.

Private adoptions are going to be pretty much solely infants, wards of the state are largely going to be older children - but they do have infants as well.

International is going to be mostly non-infant children.

I'm not saying the states foster systems not allowing homosexual people to adopt is a good thing, I'm trying to say they have other options available.