Hooker didn't blow you? Shoot her. [Texas]

Bullshit. :D

SQUATS & OATS

QFuJRDM.jpg

While true it doesn't mean that their descendants can't have the same mind set. The Balkans are full of hatred between groups that go back several centuries because of something that happened during the Middle-Ages.

yeah, but the hatred continues today in fresh ways that reignite the hate for younger generations. It is often ethnic, but also religious in nature (because ethnicity and religion are so closely related there), and though it may have began long ago, shit like Srebrenica, an example of genocide that only happened not even 20 years ago, the hatred continues. It's a vicious cycle, both sides hating each other, both sides committing atrocities, both sides encouraging the hate to continue. It is largely the product of a society that encourages its people to think of outsiders as an Other (TM) who is subhuman.

That got kind of off-topic, but the point was that while it may have started centuries ago, I'm sure many of the people who hate the other side today hate it more because of recent events than ancient ones.

I don't think people should get shot for stealing, but I think it's good that people think they COULD get shot for stealing.

Negative consequences, especially on the extreme side, keep a lot of honest people honest, and make a lot of dishonest people think twice.

I don't think people should get shot for stealing, but I think it's good that people think they COULD get shot for stealing.

Negative consequences, especially on the extreme side, keep a lot of honest people honest, and make a lot of dishonest people think twice.

So you fall in the category of 'yes but no'. Got it. :confused:

I have no problem whatsoever with people getting shot for stealing. In the case of home burglary it isn't about the lost items as much as the deliberate invasion of the victim's sanctuary and the potential threat posed to that person's safety. Thieves victimize society and exist solely as obstacles to health and prosperity.

Car theft is a particularly shootable offense in my book. If you decide to handicap my ability to provide for myself and my family, then you put up your own wellbeing as collateral. That's the deal. If I catch you, you get bullet holes. Horse thieves were hung for a reason. Car thieves should be shot for the same reason.

Even if you were serious, theft of only $150 is nowhere near felony level, so it doesn't matter if it was theft or not.
Unless Texas is so stupid as to allow lethal force in the prevention of misdemeanors

I would kill the pope over $150.