"Honey, have you seen Mr. Fluffykins?"

Drool-Boy said:
lol man thats fucked up
Imagine the damage one disgruntled employee could do with that thing
Indiana State Police are much more scary. They have Vietnam era tanks, 5 or 6 F4 Phantoms, and enough heavy machine guns to take over a small country.

FlamingGlory said:
Indiana State Police are much more scary. They have Vietnam era tanks, 5 or 6 F4 Phantoms, and enough heavy machine guns to take over a small country.
whereabouts in indiana are you from? I go to Purdue Cal and am out there 4 days a week for school and usually part of the weekend to see my girlfriend. If you're close, we should have a mini-UF meet.

man with a fucking howitzer tho you could dig yourself in on a hillside and level and entire fucking town, and anyone that tried to come up the side of the hill.
The only way theyd be able to get you out is with an airstrike:p

Drool-Boy said:
lol man thats fucked up
Imagine the damage one disgruntled employee could do with that thing
Prior to 1968, you could simply mail order something like that.

There's still plenty of functional field artillery pieces in private hands.

You can still get them too, it's a mere $200 tax stamp and CLEO signoff on the proper ATF form for the piece itself, and for EVERY round you buy.

Needless to say, the cost of transferable pieces is staggering, in the $100,000+ range

CletusJones said:
whereabouts in indiana are you from? I go to Purdue Cal and am out there 4 days a week for school and usually part of the weekend to see my girlfriend. If you're close, we should have a mini-UF meet.
That would be awesome!

If I lived in Indiana. I'm from NY, and as far as I can tell only east coast person here. :)

ChikkenNoodul said:
Prior to 1968, you could simply mail order something like that.

There's still plenty of functional field artillery pieces in private hands.

You can still get them too, it's a mere $200 tax stamp and CLEO signoff on the proper ATF form for the piece itself, and for EVERY round you buy.

Needless to say, the cost of transferable pieces is staggering, in the $100,000+ range

sounds like someone has been doing some shopping :shifty:

FlamingGlory said:
That would be awesome!

If I lived in Indiana. I'm from NY, and as far as I can tell only east coast person here. :)
oh, i assumed that you lived in indiana because you were talking about the state police there.

ChikkenNoodul said:
It's cheaper to buy a de-milled piece for a few grand, register as a Class II manufacturer, and make it operational again yourself

The hard part is coming up with the cartridge casings and a method of loading them

:shady:
Not to mention once you get the casings loading them with H.E. is an incredibly complicated operation. Set artillery is almost useless in low resource surface warfare anyway. Better off getting some kinda armoured vehicle and putting an M2 on it. :o

FlamingGlory said:
Not to mention once you get the casings loading them with H.E. is an incredibly complicated operation. Set artillery is almost useless in low resource surface warfare anyway. Better off getting some kinda armoured vehicle and putting an M2 on it. :o
Yep, just loading them to begin with is gonna be a bitch, I'm not aware of any commercially available loading press or dies that can handle larger than a 20mm cannon shell

And for the price of one of those puppies you could do quad M2's on a single mount :D