GAY Homosexuals

Do you want to be taken seriously, or do you want to be the butt of jokes for the rest of your life? Those Sex In the City bitches affect people's opinions of you, too.

Ask yourself what image society generally has of gay men. Then ask why. It came from somewhere. Millions of people didn't settle on the same caricature by sheer coincidence.

Its all Liberace's fault.

It isn't just me I want them to act like. It's "us", the world over. Notice how flamboyant, obnoxious assholes are generally ostracized in every single country on earth. No matter where you go, those who are too behaviorally against the grain are almost always lashed out at. Soapbox speeches regarding individuality and freedom aside, everyone has a choice to make.

a) America seems to embrace flamboyant, obnoxious assholes. (eg. Jersey Shore, Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, etc)

b) You shouldn't be wanting anyone to act a certain way

Do you want to be taken seriously, or do you want to be the butt of jokes for the rest of your life? Those Sex In the City bitches affect people's opinions of you, too.

Ask yourself what image society generally has of gay men. Then ask why. It came from somewhere. Millions of people didn't settle on the same caricature by sheer coincidence.

I am already the butt of many jokes for being who I am, that won't change. It is in the lexicon as a comedic device to emasculate men for laughs. Gender roles define whole industries and cultures and traditions.

I don't care how society sees me as long as civilly I am equal. People have the right to feel as positive or negative toward me as they want. They do not, however, have the right to treat me or restrict me differently as a tax-paying legal citizen.

I don't know how pride events push back gay rights movements. At least not the pride I was at this year. Thousands of dollars were RAISED for the city to have the event. Thousands more to the local shops near the event that profited from the thousands of people. Charities that HELP gay rights movements across the world were donated to at the event. I think people just focus on the parade because it is the most flamboyant part of Pride, but that is only part of it.

And at least in Houston, it isn't even that flamboyant.
Because it defies the intent of "equal rights". A straight pride parade would be assaulted for being homophobic. A while pride parade would be labeled as racist. But gay pride isn't called heterophobic and puerto rican pride isn't called anti-white.

So what the fuck. Either you want to be treated equally or you don't. Straight people don't march to proclaim how straight they are.

It's moronic to tell gays you will accept them when they start acting more like you. That's the way they are, if you don't like it, go look at something else.

It's not about them acting gay, it's about putting on a parade to celebrate that one aspect of their personality then turning around and demanding that one aspect of their personality not be used to judge them.

I am already the butt of many jokes for being who I am, that won't change. It is in the lexicon as a comedic device to emasculate men for laughs. Gender roles define whole industries and cultures and traditions.

I don't care how society sees me as long as civilly I am equal. People have the right to feel as positive or negative toward me as they want. They do not, however, have the right to treat me or restrict me differently as a tax-paying legal citizen.
Which you know damn well I agree with one hundred percent. But pride parades are not helping achieve that goal any faster.

Because it defies the intent of "equal rights". A straight pride parade would be assaulted for being homophobic. A while pride parade would be labeled as racist. But gay pride isn't called heterophobic and puerto rican pride isn't called anti-white.

So what the fuck. Either you want to be treated equally or you don't. Straight people don't march to proclaim how straight they are.

Straight pride parades are fine. The issue with them (at least when they were attempted in NY) was they were pro-straight AND anti-gay, shouting hate speech at the parade. That's the part that's not allowed. Gay pride is not about defacing heterosexuals. Racial parades, however, can be and often have been badmouthing the "other side".

And Pride is not about proclaiming how gay we are, just that we are gay and we do exist and we will shout or existence with loud clothing and loud disco music. We are a noisy minority.

And straight people don't have to march to proclaim out straight they are.

Mom: Your father and I don't shout about being straight.
Son: Two things. One, your marriage is proving exactly that point, and two, you are advertising you have had sex at least once with each other.

Last edited:
Which you know damn well I agree with one hundred percent. But pride parades are not helping achieve that goal any faster.

So gun owners should put their guns away and/or hide them and revoke their NRA membership status and hide their licenses when they ask for equal gun rights?

So gun owners should put their guns away and/or hide them and revoke their NRA membership status and hide their licenses when they ask for equal gun rights?

yep :D

I get pissed off at gun owners that are all "MOLON LABE COLD DEAD HANDS YOU HAVE TO READ JOHN LOTTS BOOK BECAUSE I CANT MAKE MY OWN ARGUMENTS". Keep it on the fucking down low, yo. That's the point of concealed carry.

Y'know what they call people that wear NRA hats?

Targets.

Straight pride parades are fine. The issue with them (at least when they were attempted in NY) was they were pro-straight AND anti-gay, shouting hate speech at the parade. That's the part that's not allowed. Gay pride is not about defacing heterosexuals. Racial parades, however, can be and often have been badmouthing the "other side".

And Pride is not about proclaiming how gay we are, just that we are gay and we do exist and we will shout or existence with loud clothing and loud disco music. We are a noisy minority.

And straight people don't have to march to proclaim out straight they are.

Mom: Your father and I don't shout about being straight.
Son: Two things. One, your marriage is proving exactly that point, and two, you are advertising you have had sex at least once with each other.

anti-gay stuff in the straight parade would be wrong but the problem is that simply having a straight pride or white pride parade, even without any negative comments or attitudes made toward homosexuals or any other race, would inherently be perceived as homophobic/racist

not that I feel bad for the straight crackers of the world, I don't really give a fuck but you have to understand that to the rest of the population on the fence a gay pride parade is seen as pushing for special privileges

anti-gay stuff in the straight parade would be wrong but the problem is that simply having a straight pride or white pride parade, even without any negative comments or attitudes made toward homosexuals or any other race, would inherently be perceived as homophobic/racist

not that I feel bad for the straight crackers of the world, I don't really give a fuck but you have to understand that to the rest of the population on the fence a gay pride parade is seen as pushing for special privileges

Which is why efforts have been made to shift focus on things like "Marriage equality" instead of "same-sex marriage" because that latter sounds like a special privilege.

If I wear a feather boa and 6" stilettos to prove my arguments about equality, then so be it.

Bitch.

omfg. see this is the shit I'm talking about. They are the oppressed people, straight people are not oppressed, therefor straight people do not need a parade.

Why on earth do you not already understand this very simple shit?

omfg. see this is the shit I'm talking about. They are the oppressed people, straight people are not oppressed, therefor straight people do not need a parade.

Why on earth do you not already understand this very simple shit?

Just my opinion but the sign of a mature society would be one where no groups needed to parade to assert their identity, because they are already so integrated that there'd be no need to draw attention to themselves and their plight.

I would have thought that gay people in the West were close to this point but apparently not...