Home Theatre PC, do you have one? Here's mine...

I'm not seeing audio jacks on the Acer. Are there some? What about the ability to port in cable or audio input from other devices?

Well audio could be through HDMI so you wouldn't need an audio out for it.

As for audio in, it might not have it. You can get a USB breakout device, though, for that sort of thing.

Need to get a cable that's long enough first of all.

just get raw cable and crimp the ends yourself after you run it. Easier that way. Home Depot has all the shit, and you can pay by the foot for cable there since they will custom cut for you.

just get raw cable and crimp the ends yourself after you run it. Easier that way. Home Depot has all the shit, and you can pay by the foot for cable there since they will custom cut for you.

Wait, they make cables without ends?

Last edited:
No. How do you put the ends on? Do you have to wire it somehow? I remember reading that you have to match colors or something, it sounds complex.

hmm, maybe we are talking about 2 different cables. Do you mean USB, coax, or ethernet?

Or you could do what we did and go wireless. Dual band N speed bridging :drool:

WRT610N with DD-WRT firmware ftw

How delicate are the wires? Will the guys at Home Depot know what I need to buy?

Yes, and they aren't THAT delicate but you still need to be careful. Think about the gauge of the twist tie on a loaf of bread. I think they are 22 gauge wires.

The sheathing on the outside is very thin and flimsy. It's just to keep the internal wires bundled really. The internal individual wires are fairly tough, though.