Food Home-made sauces/condiments?

Hmmm... I know it takes some time to make, but I've never really looked into it
The girlfriend cooked at a vietnamese restaurant and learned how to make it. Love the stuff.

Here's the procedure:

- Fry up some onions/carrots/celery/ginger in a pot, set aside.
- If there's meat on your bones, sear it (maillard reaction FTW) and set it aside.
- Toast spices (star anise, fennel, peppercorns, cinnamon) in the bottom of a stock pot. You can sometimes buy "pho spice" at some asian markets, which is a bag of spices.
- Dump in veg/meat/bones and a bunch of water. Add a couple bay leaves. Break a stock of lemongrass in half and throw it in.
- Simmer for 4-5 hours. I use a pressure cooker and ~2 hours.

To serve:

- Cut the strip of fat off a striploin steak, then cut the steak into thin (1/8" or thinner) strips. I usually do this ahead of time, and the leftover steak gets seared and thrown in with the stock.
- Boil a bunch of pho noodles. Bring the stock to a boil while you're at it.
- Dump the noodles/broth in bowls, and add the beef (the hot stock will cook it).
- Serve with hoisin sauce, sriracha, bean sprouts and thai basil.

I was trying to help. But here's how I really feel, since you're a dick:

Extreme diets rarely work. Only fat fucks think they can diet, get to a wait they want and go back to eating as usual. Low carb diets appeal to fat fucks because it looks easy. And hey, you get to eat red meat. Chances are, at the end of this road, you'll still be a fat fuck sporting a fupa full of red meat. You should probably start restoring cars that are a little bit bigger, because in a few years I don't think you'll fit in your mustang.

If you're currently a fat fuck, don't bother dieting. The reason you're a fat fuck is that your lifestyle is one of fatty fuckiness. You probably eat shitty food, but regardless what you eat you are lazy. And that's the key here. You don't fix lazy by temporarily changing your eating habits. The two are completely unrelated. One involves food, the other involves you being an unmotivated, hard work shunning asshole. It's a mental thing. And 98% of people who suffer from that mental thing always will. It's their character. The only thing dieting will do for you is give all of your friends and family yet another reason to dislike you when you can't even stick to that for more than a week without failing. So don't bother with it. You're fat because your personality is fat. That's just the way it is.

:lol: :lolbow:

basil grows like a weed. Im surprisedyou had any trouble at all.

Only catch is to not crowd it, basil needs lots of space to get big.

I have 1200sq yds of vegetable garden. Have you any idea how much room it takes to start everything under glass from seed? Far easier, where possible, to get whatever you can as plug plants. As Asa said, basil dies out over winter even in a greenhouse here.