Food Home-made sauces/condiments?

My sauce/condiment is... interesting.
I'm thinking about adding raw garlic to it actually.

Roasted two heads of garlic, tossed 'em in a food processor with roughly a teaspoon of olive oil and some pureed tomatoes, salt and pepper, some worchestershire sauce and a little bit of horse-radish.

I think I added too much roasted garlic

Did you open with a 'tomato's are bad' kind of post? like you can't do ketchup because of it? now your adding tomatoes to sauces? Throwing in the towel this early? - I love a spinach salad & oil/vinegar/dijon/s&p/honey is fuckign out standing and it keeps in the fridge easily. Also, w/a spinace salad, you can throw cooked eggs, onoins, raw mushrooms & tuna on it & it's fan fucking tastic. Also, this: http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Mexico-salsa-verde-aguacate is excellent. And, if you get 3 red bell peppers, one ripe roma tomato (if not roma, use a medium size RIPE tomato) a fist full of cilantro2 cloves of garlic, 1/4-1/2 onion, one poblano pepper (or jalapeno, just pick a spicy pepper to throw in), s&p& blend the shit out of it. it's great. If it's too thick, add more tomato (the only reason you add the tomato is for the liquid). I suppose you could add olive oil as needed instead of the 2nd tomato. Super easy & goes both go on all kinds of meats.

Also, I love basil. So plant some of that shit in your yard & it will turn into a hedge in no time. it's a god damn fortune at the store. But you can puree it with olive oil (leave it super super thick) & throw it in the fridge forever. When you want to use it, take some out, add more olive oil & stir. I've got both pesto & the basil/olive oil mix in my fridge & you can use that as a sauce on all kinds of things.

Did you open with a 'tomato's are bad' kind of post? like you can't do ketchup because of it? now your adding tomatoes to sauces? Throwing in the towel this early?
I said they are sugary.
The ketchup I have in the fridge has about 7g per tablespoon. The tomato puree I added to this (which was roughly 3-4 tablespoons) was 5g per cup.
It depends on the ingredients.

The other sounds like what I would do to make salsa.
Also, I love basil. So plant some of that shit in your yard & it will turn into a hedge in no time. it's a god damn fortune at the store. But you can puree it with olive oil (leave it super super thick) & throw it in the fridge forever. When you want to use it, take some out, add more olive oil & stir. I've got both pesto & the basil/olive oil mix in my fridge & you can use that as a sauce on all kinds of things.
All my basil died :(
I had these HUGE plants, no clue why they died but they did. I need to start over with another pot of soil I think

I said they are sugary.
The ketchup I have in the fridge has about 7g per tablespoon. The tomato puree I added to this (which was roughly 3-4 tablespoons) was 5g per cup.
It depends on the ingredients.

The other sounds like what I would do to make salsa.
All my basil died :(
I had these HUGE plants, no clue why they died but they did. I need to start over with another pot of soil I think

What do you grow your basil from? I used to grow it from seed but found it far easier to get a living pot from the supermarket and cut the rootball up into 4.

One of the plants was so fucking old that I literally can't remember where we got it from. It was at least 4 years old, main stalk was thicker than my thumb, and at times it would grow to at least 5 feet tall (supported of course) before we cut it back. The other plant was grown from seeds from the first.
Made a lot of pesto over the years

I have a shit-load of seeds, I'll probably start with new soil and see what tossing them into the dirt does.

What do you grow your basil from? I used to grow it from seed but found it far easier to get a living pot from the supermarket and cut the rootball up into 4.

basil grows like a weed. Im surprisedyou had any trouble at all.

Only catch is to not crowd it, basil needs lots of space to get big.

One of the plants was so fucking old that I literally can't remember where we got it from. It was at least 4 years old, main stalk was thicker than my thumb, and at times it would grow to at least 5 feet tall (supported of course) before we cut it back. The other plant was grown from seeds from the first.
Made a lot of pesto over the years

I have a shit-load of seeds, I'll probably start with new soil and see what tossing them into the dirt does.

Yeahhhhhh, for 90% of us, basil is an annual. It wont last for more than one year unless its that fake thai basil stuff.

omfg I love pho. :drool:++++++++
Start saving bones from beef roasts, or find a butcher you can get some from. You'll need a few.

Made it a couple days ago so it might be another while yet before thread gets made.

Start saving bones from beef roasts, or find a butcher you can get some from. You'll need a few.

Made it a couple days ago so it might be another while yet before thread gets made.

Hmmm... I know it takes some time to make, but I've never really looked into it