Ontopic Home Ebonics

When Juli was in grade school I bet she got all the gold stars and tattled on the cool kids.

Sorry but this is bullshit. preteens/teens do want everything now, but they are only learning this type of behaviour from those around them, i.e. the adults. AKA us!

it's like randall's a pre-cog or something

mtv_generation.png

Again! How on earth do you know this? Quit making shit up.
Family groups table
http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/hh-fam/cps2011.html
http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/hh-fam/young-adults-in-parents-home.pdf

According to Census Bureau data, the average proportion of people in their 20s who live in their parents’ homes rose 50% between 1970 and 1990, from 19.2% to 28.8%.
http://www.npc.umich.edu/publications/policy_briefs/brief3/brief3.pdf

Although I don't think it has as much to do with being lazy (since 60% of them are full time employed) as it does with the fact that real estate prices were insane until 2 years ago. The price of housing around here has fallen by 30%-50%.

Last edited:
Honesty this discussion is bs. This generational gap is no different than all of the previous ones. Our parents said we were lazy and not ready for life no different than what the parents said it about them. The schools responsibility is education not life skills. I am sure 90% of us left high school not ready for grown up life and most of us turned out fine. Maybe people these days don't need the exact serif skills we think they need. Most people I know these days eat out alot more than we did so cooking isn't needed as much. Hell I have never once balanced a check book and can fit every check I've ever wrote into a single check book. I have programs to do all of that for me.
I didn't say there was a generation gap. I don't think people my age got us into a mortgage/consumer debt crisis. I was just pointing out a neglected topic that could be handy.

There was an entire diatribe in another thread about how people are being "kept down" and shit should be redistributed. As a sort of corollary to what Casper mentioned, about to whom much is given, and in opposition to the idea that people deserve shit simply for sucking in air like Fuckface is constantly ranting about, I think everyone should get a fair chance at learning things. Whether or not they use that knowledge is their own goddamn problem.

If you never learn you never get a chance though. I can't believe the number of BLEEDING HEARTS who go bananas whenever the idea that redistributing wealth is a shit idea is mentioned, are against educating people. :lol:

I didn't say there was a generation gap. I don't think people my age got us into a mortgage/consumer debt crisis. I was just pointing out a neglected topic that could be handy.

There was an entire diatribe in another thread about how people are being "kept down" and shit should be redistributed. As a sort of corollary to what Casper mentioned, about to whom much is given, and in opposition to the idea that people deserve shit simply for sucking in air like Fuckface is constantly ranting about, I think everyone should get a fair chance at learning things. Whether or not they use that knowledge is their own goddamn problem.

If you never learn you never get a chance though. I can't believe the number of BLEEDING HEARTS who go bananas whenever the idea that redistributing wealth is a shit idea is mentioned, are against educating people. :lol:

It all goes back to this motherfucking awesome book that I have been reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outliers_%28book%29

God you are fucking full of shit! You call everyone bleeding hearts and then cry about how you want everyone educated! :waw: You then cry about how everyone doesn't want people educated, yet no one here is saying this.

Yes it would be lovely if everyone could get educated on all the important thing in life so no one on earth ever makes mistakes. You have to understand that this is not attainable. People are so vastly different, from their interests to their ability to learn to their upbringing/culture. There is no equality in life, people will always be failing while others succeeding. We can either say oh well at let those people fail and deal with the by product of their desperation, or we could embrace the idea of social insurance, which most of the entire western world does.

But maybe that should shift. We don't *always* have to do something because that's how its always been done...

And if you see the link in the first post, that's part of the problem!

But how is the a problem? Is there something it's having a negative effect on?

God you are fucking full of shit! You call everyone bleeding hearts and then cry about how you want everyone educated! :waw You then cry about how everyone doesn't want people educated, yet no one here is saying this.
Actually your reading comprehension so extraordinarily low you didn't even understand who that sentence was directed at. Here's a tip: it wasnt "everyone."

Yes it would be lovely if everyone could get educated on all the important thing in life so no one on earth ever makes mistakes. You have to understand that this is not attainable. People are so vastly different, from their interests to their ability to learn to their upbringing/culture. There is no equality in life, people will always be failing while others succeeding. We can either say oh well at let those people fail and deal with the by product of their desperation, or we could embrace the idea of social insurance, which most of the entire western world does.
The fuck I said anything about "no one making mistakes." I said "Whether or not they use that knowledge is their own goddamn problem." I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure that means I expect a lot of failure. My point was just no one can cry they 'don't know how' if you teach them how. Cream is always gonna rise to the top bitches.