Holy Shizzle - Half Life 2 goes Gold!

any recommendations on best board to pop my opteron 242 in?
I am woefully out of the hardware loop...haven't really kept up much in the last year

Ryokurin said:
kind of stretching it but it was typical. Only reason why Intel is #1 in video cards is because everyone uses their video. The only thing that doing what AMD did then was further cement them as the choice for gaming, which is good but still bad. You hear it tons now, the AMD is good for games, but the Intel is for real work... its almost like the Apple/IBM debate of the 80s.

anyhow, im anxious to see how my 9600xt handles out. if not so well, ill just wait for a 6600.
meh, I have a p4 and an A64 and both are beautiful.... obviously the A64 3500+ overclocked is faster than the P4 2.4 laptop, but both are great and both perform.

Kabn said:
maybe i'm just not over the letdown that was Doom 3.

I may be one of the only people on the planet that actually enjoyed and still enjoys D3.

I love the graphics, the lighting, and I still wet my pants when things jump out at me.
I scream and yell and shoot randomly in every direction when the lights go out and things start snarling.

I've never had such an emotional response from a game.

Although, there was that time playing Leisure Suit Larry...

Bout fucking time is all I can say. And it better not dissapoint me as much as D3 did. Yes, D3 was a great game, for the first few levels. Then it got repetetive. I hope the story line in HL2 will save it. The story in D3 was ... uhm... oh yeah, there was no story.

I Robert I said:
Bout fucking time is all I can say. And it better not dissapoint me as much as D3 did. Yes, D3 was a great game, for the first few levels. Then it got repetetive. I hope the story line in HL2 will save it. The story in D3 was ... uhm... oh yeah, there was no story.

I just hope there's more than one destroyable light-source...

Mondoz said:
I may be one of the only people on the planet that actually enjoyed and still enjoys D3.

I love the graphics, the lighting, and I still wet my pants when things jump out at me.
I scream and yell and shoot randomly in every direction when the lights go out and things start snarling.

I've never had such an emotional response from a game.

Although, there was that time playing Leisure Suit Larry...
i'm with Robert: it just got repetitive and annoying. though i will say the environment and ambiance were second to none.

Kabn said:
i'm with Robert: it just got repetitive and annoying. though i will say the environment and ambiance were second to none.

I'm sure it would get repetitive, if I could play it long enough.
I'm currently limited to 30 minute stretches. That's about how long the depends can hold out before reaching critical mass.

Drool-Boy said:
I liked farcry way better than doom3
plus it reminded me of my days back in the 'nam
I enjoyed FarCry far more than D3 aswell. Much more varied. Different environments, reasonably smart enemies and usually more than one route to an objective. One of the best games I've played actually.

I Robert I said:
I enjoyed FarCry far more than D3 aswell. Much more varied. Different environments, reasonably smart enemies and usually more than one route to an objective. One of the best games I've played actually.

Ya plus vehicles.
The hang glider was kewl