WTF Holy Oil Spill

We all know that everyone involved isn't going to get more than a slap on the wrist. I think they should take the CEOs and the board members from those companies and on top of the fines make them swim 100 yards nude in the oil slick water on national tv. They would have more of an impact on them than the fine.

We all know that everyone involved isn't going to get more than a slap on the wrist. I think they should take the CEOs and the board members from those companies and on top of the fines make them swim 100 yards nude in the oil slick water on national tv. They would have more of an impact on them than the fine.

After looking at some of those on the board, I fully support this measure. Some of them are not too bad.

This will probably piss more than a few of you off.

Did me.

NEW YORK - The owner of the rig that exploded in the Gulf of Mexico and set off a massive oil spill will try to limit its liability to about $27 million.

A spokesman for Transocean Ltd. says a company petition will cite an 1851 law that says the owner of a sunken vessel is liable only for its value after the accident.

Transocean has said it expects to receive $560 million in insurance money from the loss of the rig.

If successful, the liability limit would cap the amount that Transocean would be forced to pay if it loses any of the numerous lawsuits related to the Deepwater Horizon explosion.

Transocean plans to file its petition in U.S. District Court in Houston.

This will probably piss more than a few of you off.

Did me.

Well, that's ok. Then they will have capital to pay off all of the civil suits and EPA clean up penalties that will be issued soon after.

Its essentially a boat.

It doesn't have an ability to self propel. Would you like to argue it's a raft? :lol:

However, being written in 1851, I'd be willing to bet the law is so open ended, it'll give them some kind of carte blanche to finagle their way through it.

It doesn't have an ability to self propel. Would you like to argue it's a raft? :lol:

However, being written in 1851, I'd be willing to bet the law is so open ended, it'll give them some kind of carte blanche to finagle their way through it.

It has a big sail that sits above the water... :lol:

i read yesterday that 30 of those plastic bags you get at the grocery contain enough petrol to drive your car a mile.

why can't we just boil them joints down and use em?

Not exactly. Most plastics are made with what's left over after the cracking process separates the petroleum used for gasoline, diesel and other fuels from the petroleum used for making material goods.

You can't simply turn plastic bags into gas.