WTF Holy Oil Spill

Impact Florida? The impact on florida is nothing to how badly this is going to demolish the entire ecosystem of the Gulf. And the fact that not a single fucking engineer from any of these companies has pre-thought out a scenario to deal with something like this? Insane.

If they don't get it stopped soon, the Gulf will die. And if the gulf dies, the repercussions will be enormous.

And who here thinks for even a moment that stuffing old golf balls and tires in the hole makes sense. Not me. Why they don't make a giant drill bit with super sized threads, drill it into the hole and use it as a locked stopper I don't know.

I disagree. The Gulf is horribly overfished, as is the rest of the ocean. This is PREVENTING fishing. Yes, it will be back for air breathing sea creatures and birds, but it *could* be very good for other creatures. And the Gulf won't die, don't be such an alarmist. Look at Lake Erie, or Lake Pontchartrain (right before Katrina). These ecosystems bounce back and pretty quickly too.

I disagree. The Gulf is horribly overfished, as is the rest of the ocean. This is PREVENTING fishing. Yes, it will be back for air breathing sea creatures and birds, but it *could* be very good for other creatures. And the Gulf won't die, don't be such an alarmist. Look at Lake Erie, or Lake Pontchartrain (right before Katrina). These ecosystems bounce back and pretty quickly too.

Don't talk too highly of the body of water that's so toxic fisheries out of it recommend themselves not to eat the fish and can still start on fire.

When I think of polluted, over-fished bodies of water I think of the Chesapeake Bay. Despite a 30 year effort little progress has been made to clean it up. There's not much I would knowingly eat that came out of that body of water. Most of our crabs now come from the gulf. I wonder where we'll get them from after this. I'm so sad about all of this, and not just because of the crabs.

When I think of polluted, over-fished bodies of water I think of the Chesapeake Bay. Despite a 30 year effort little progress has been made to clean it up. There's not much I would knowingly eat that came out of that body of water. Most of our crabs now come from the gulf. I wonder where we'll get them from after this. I'm so sad about all of this, and not just because of the crabs.

The over harvesting of bi-vavles is what destroyed the Bay. iirc, they used to filter the entire bay every two days. It now takes years.

The over harvesting of bi-vavles is what destroyed the Bay. iirc, they used to filter the entire bay every two days. It now takes years.

That and dumping sewage, herbicides and pesticides and other icky stuff into the bay because Maryland developed faster than the infrastructure could take. Plus the fine for dumping into the bay is thousands of dollars less than the cost of responsible disposal.

Blinky.jpg

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2...lf-appears-to-be-bleedingWorse-Than-BP-Admits

Last edited by a moderator: