WTF Holy Oil Spill

Shalimar

Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
didn't see a thread, and this shiz deserves its own.

live on bay news 9 right now, crist just said it could be the most catastrophic economic, ecological disasters EVER to hit florida.

like i said, you think the recession is bad now? let dead turtles and dolphins start rollin up on the beach and watch them hotels dry up.

BP rep said they'd handle all costs of cleanup.

OMG

This has been going on for a couple of weeks now, but you only made a thread when it started to impact FL? And I thought Texans lived in their own world.

Impact Florida? The impact on florida is nothing to how badly this is going to demolish the entire ecosystem of the Gulf. And the fact that not a single fucking engineer from any of these companies has pre-thought out a scenario to deal with something like this? Insane.

If they don't get it stopped soon, the Gulf will die. And if the gulf dies, the repercussions will be enormous.

And who here thinks for even a moment that stuffing old golf balls and tires in the hole makes sense. Not me. Why they don't make a giant drill bit with super sized threads, drill it into the hole and use it as a locked stopper I don't know.

Wait til August hits and a huge hurricane comes and brings all that oil to your livingrooms.
The Gulf is doomed.
I'm nice and cozy waaaaaay up here on this side of the globe :)

A hurricane won't dump oil on FL. It would, however, dump on Houston. :eek:

Impact Florida? The impact on florida is nothing to how badly this is going to demolish the entire ecosystem of the Gulf. And the fact that not a single fucking engineer from any of these companies has pre-thought out a scenario to deal with something like this? Insane.

If they don't get it stopped soon, the Gulf will die. And if the gulf dies, the repercussions will be enormous.

And who here thinks for even a moment that stuffing old golf balls and tires in the hole makes sense. Not me. Why they don't make a giant drill bit with super sized threads, drill it into the hole and use it as a locked stopper I don't know.

Duke is an environmentalist*

*pussy.

This has been going on for a couple of weeks now, but you only made a thread when it started to impact FL? And I thought Texans lived in their own world.

unlike some, :cough: you :cough: , I don't like to make 20 threads a day. figured someone would make one. they didn't. so I did.

this is important enough to not have to lay in the random thread.

agreed tho duke, the environment is f'd.

my grandfather was a dirt poor commercial fisherman up in cedar key (due west of gainesville) and I can only imagine if he was alive today how he would survive this.

BP may pay to clean it up, but the fishing industry is screwed. people who've spent their entire lives working on, and living off, the water.

sad man, very very sad.

unlike some, :cough: you :cough: , I don't like to make 20 threads a day. figured someone would make one. they didn't. so I did.

this is important enough to not have to lay in the random thread.

Fair enough. You are right; I would have thought someone would have made a thread about this right now, unless most people just don't care. I mean, what is this going to do? Make New Orleans more dirty than it already is? Maybe the skanks can't stick to Bourbon St. when it's covered in oil.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person