Holy crap - I'm glad I don't live in an apartment anymore

FlamingGlory said:
100 some odd passengers vs 6 terrorist with box cutters. If there was absolutely no fucking way the passengers were going to let them hijack THIS plane they couldve overwhelmed them with sheer numbers. Chances are none of the people aboard would have been carrying at all. Face it, yeah they died in a bad way but none of them actively resisted either.

There are more good reasons that the terrorists shouldnt have been in the US at all than there are good reasons for carrying on commercial aircraft.
good points but I still feel that carrying on a plane should be no different than carrying anywhere else. I believe the only organization that should be allowed to make that decision is the airline itself considering its' their property

KNYTE said:
I myself would've grabbed up a seatbelt and used it as a mace like in the days of old.

Then I would've taken their box cutters and opened up a few arteries.

How do figure to get the seatbelt off the seat, oh mighty buns of steel?

Sarcasmo said:
How do figure to get the seatbelt off the seat, oh mighty buns of steel?

I would've used my trusty multi-tool to cut it free of cou....oh, right.

Well the obvious solution is to rip the seat itself free and then swing that over my head with the seatbelt.

the last delta flights i was on, i couldnt even stand up without hitting my head on the ceiling and nearly spilling a drink. and i'm the second shortest person on the forum next to knyte. i'm not sure if my passive aggressive nature would combat the alcoholism, cancel each other out, and get me to stand up.

edit> i forgot coqui. the second shortest in florida meets.

I would break into the galley and freeze a water bottle, then beat the terists senseless with the now frozen water bottle.

This plan would require enough time to freeze the water bottles.

FlyNavy said:
good points but I still feel that carrying on a plane should be no different than carrying anywhere else. I believe the only organization that should be allowed to make that decision is the airline itself considering its' their property
With the insurance premiums I doubt they would ever let armed untrained persons on board (yes CCW in most places doesnt even require a safety class).

The terrorists could have been elimated with a baseball bat or a large maglite. ^__^

FlamingGlory said:
With the insurance premiums I doubt they would ever let armed untrained persons on board (yes CCW in most places doesnt even require a safety class).

The terrorists could have been elimated with a baseball bat or a large maglite. ^__^
maglights are awesome! :D of course they're only for illumination and not to be used in any other law enforcement capacity...

"Officer Williams, after retrieving your MagLight from your cruiser what did you do?"

"I illuminated the suspect...repeatedly."

FlyNavy said:
maglights are awesome! :D of course they're only for illumination and not to be used in any other law enforcement capacity...

"Officer Williams, after retrieving your MagLight from your cruiser what did you do?"

"I illuminated the suspect...repeatedly."

rather, "i ENLIGHTENED the suspect repeatedly."

Thorn Bird said:
rather, "i ENLIGHTENED the suspect repeatedly."
:lol: Yes. Makes it a nice pun, the other way is proper too though.

"The self illuminating clue stick"