Holy carp!

M

Mondoz

Drool-Boy said:
Its supposed to be like that all week dude

I always find it amusing that when other people are starting their winter, our summer is just starting to tone down a bit.

M

Mondoz

Drool-Boy said:
Yar
It may cool off a bit by the end of December.
Just a bit.

It's supposed to be a cold one this year. Like, down into the low 70's one night.
:eek:

M

Mondoz

Drool-Boy said:
Ill get my electric blanket out of the attic

It's times like that I'm glad I've got a fireplace.

And a furnace in the attic.

With both going at once, I can get the temps back up to Houston Normal Temperature - somewhere in the 100-110 range.

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
Coqui said:
I had to scrape my windshield for the first time today
I had to scrape mine a few times already. It's frosted many times here, and my truck is shaded by my building so it doesn't melt from the morning sun.

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
we're still in the 70's here in ATL...I :heart: that...I will NEVER EVAR live in the north again

K

Kabn

suffocate said:
I want snow!

It NEVER snows here :(
snow sucks.

it's ok when 1) you're a kid and don't have to worry about it 2) have a vehicle that cannot get stuck.

but for the rest of us who have to commute in it with sports cars, it blows. give me a dry winter.

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Kabn said:
snow sucks.

it's ok when 1) you're a kid and don't have to worry about it 2) have a vehicle that cannot get stuck.

but for the rest of us who have to commute in it with sports cars, it blows. give me a dry winter.
A good set of snow tires and you'd be all set.

My Saab was useless with the stock Primacy's but with a set of Nokian WR's it was better than my Jeep on the road.

K

Kabn

ChikkenNoodul said:
A good set of snow tires and you'd be all set.

My Saab was useless with the stock Primacy's but with a set of Nokian WR's it was better than my Jeep on the road.
how much are snow tires, and will they really help with a short shifter and 260hp and 232ft/lbs to the tires?

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
Kabn said:
snow sucks.

meh, i drive a lowered 2wd truck all winter long with performance tires on it and I dont' get stuck in the snow. Chicago snow no less, where we get like 5 inches at a time and it's that wet nasty shit.

K

Kabn

CletusJones said:
meh, i drive a lowered 2wd truck all winter long with performance tires on it and I dont' get stuck in the snow. Chicago snow no less, where we get like 5 inches at a time and it's that wet nasty shit.
i wouldn't mind if it were anything close to flat.

i live in the ozarks. hills and steep inclines abound.

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Kabn said:
how much are snow tires, and will they really help with a short shifter and 260hp and 232ft/lbs to the tires?
Well, I don't know where you live - but in NH I needed them cuz it snows all the time! :p I think they were $140 each

And yeah, they would help - mine is 250hp/258ft/lbs of torque and a tire smoker with traction control off on dry pavement.

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
Kabn said:
i wouldn't mind if it were anything close to flat.

i live in the ozarks. hills and steep inclines abound.
ahh... I'd guess that would put a damper on it for me too. Get yourself some snow tires then. I hear Michelin Arctic Alpins are great for snow and ice, some say better than blizzaks.