Ontopic Holograms at Concerts

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,706
This may have already been in another thread but I thought it deserved it's own. Any thoughts on the added hologram for the Dre and Snoop set at Coachella? I thought it was nothing short of amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this in the general thread. I thought it was amazing too. Duke put it on Facebook. It's incredible and all I can do is laugh at the crappy 2D ones in Star Wars.

I posted this in the general thread. I thought it was amazing too. Duke put it on Facebook. It's incredible and all I can do is laugh at the crappy 2D ones in Star Wars.

I figured it was but I really thought I needed it's own thread for discussion. I agree it makes the Star Wars one's look so crappy now.

Does hologram imply that its 3D and I can actually view it from all angles? :confused:

That's what I want to know. I'd love to get a 360 view of the stage with the holo showing.

And they have the tech locked down, but I wish they didn't. I'd love to at least know the overview of how they do the image transmission and what it's projected on to. I just can't see it being a free standing hologram with nothing to project it on to.

iirc we did one on air a few years ago and it doesn't use a background to beam it onto...somehow

iirc we did one on air a few years ago and it doesn't use a background to beam it onto...somehow

I saw that one, during the 2008 presidential campaign. Word on the street is that the hologram wasn't actually in the studio, but edited into the live shot. The big part of the tech was the 360 camera rig used to get the image of the person in the first place.

Just about to post this.

attachment.php