Holiday Hijinks

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,799
Everyone here is familiar (or at least should be!) with National Lampoons Christmas and A Christmas Story, but does anyone have any real life holiday snafus?

We have a tree up in the office, and i was standing next to it talking with my boss, and a coworker walked by the tree and got it snagged on her poncho (those things are ghastly). The entire tree fell over in what seemed like slow motion. I tried my best to catch it, and both of us ended up with reindeer ornaments in our hair, and I ended up needing light medical attention. Meanwhile, the rest of the department was laughing hysterically at us.

The only thing I have remotely close to a hijink was completely unintentional.......... my mom made some pumpkin pies, cooked 'em, went and did something for a while, came back and then baked 'em again. Twice-baked pies are NOT as good as twice-baked potatoes........ :(

BigDov said:
The only thing I have remotely close to a hijink was completely unintentional.......... my mom made some pumpkin pies, cooked 'em, went and did something for a while, came back and then baked 'em again. Twice-baked pies are NOT as good as twice-baked potatoes........ :(

ooh! that reminds me of when my mother first had her porcelain-top stove, and she went to put water on for tea after christmas dinner, but she lit the wrong burner, inevitably setting a dishtowel on fire. that was funny:)

FatcakeWagon said:
There was the time my grandma died on christmas morning.
I cant tell you how much we all laughed about that!
if shens, then you suck.
if not shens, trust me i've been there. everyone i've ever loved and lost has died between now and soon after christmas. not a warm happy fun time for me.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I presume the laughing was because she died attempting to light a fart?

She was attempting a tarzan swing from the chandelire(sp?) and got a boob caught in a minorah.
She would have escaped the burning house, but we keep her doors and windows nailed shut.
It was quite tragic , actually.

One Christmas morning, my mom was reaching under the tree to pull out some presents, when my dad made a fart noise and poked her in the ass. I guess she thought she shit her pants or something because she jumped up super quick, knocking the tree down in the process. I laughed till I cried.

tre said:
One Christmas morning, my mom was reaching under the tree to pull out some presents, when my dad made a fart noise and poked her in the ass. I guess she thought she shit her pants or something because she jumped up super quick, knocking the tree down in the process. I laughed till I cried.

:lol:

Aslo, I remeber being at my grandmother's house, with all the family over, when a certain midget cousin of mine reached for something on the mantle, and ended up knocking the whole thing over, breaking many presents.

tre said:
Aslo, I remeber being at my grandmother's house, with all the family over, when a certain midget cousin of mine reached for something on the mantle, and ended up knocking the whole thing over, breaking many presents.

godammit drew
you cant take that boy anywhere

tre said:

omfg :lol:

Dunno if this qualifies or not, but last year we were putting up the Christmas tree, and I had to get right under the tree to fix the stand. There I was, lying stretched out flat on the floor, belly down, reaching under the tree, when one of my cats came and parked herself on my back where I couldn't reach her, and WOULD NOT MOVE. Everytime I tried shifting to get her off she would dig her claws in and hang on. All three of my kids were watching and laughing, and wouldn't help me :( Finally she got bored and walked away.

dreamwalker said:
Dunno if this qualifies or not, but last year we were putting up the Christmas tree, and I had to get right under the tree to fix the stand. There I was, lying stretched out flat on the floor, belly down, reaching under the tree, when one of my cats came and parked herself on my back where I couldn't reach her, and WOULD NOT MOVE. Everytime I tried shifting to get her off she would dig her claws in and hang on. All three of my kids were watching and laughing, and wouldn't help me :( Finally she got bored and walked away.

On your belly and helpless huh? :drool:

:fly: