Hockey Season

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
I know that most of you are more into Foozeball but any of you out there into Haaackey? I was reading some team reviews and ESPN for one thinks that Coyotes are going to be showing us a good season. I dont really think they are going to be pulling a cup but who knows, last season had a very odd ending.

Who do you think will be hitting the playoff's this year?

Obviously being in Tampa I can just hope for the Lightning to start the year off big and show some maturity from last season. IIRC Lecavalier barely finished in the top 20 for goals sitting at around 33 goals and that was the highest for TB.

IMO Hurricanes wont be able to hold Lord Stanleys Cup for a second year but will still have a decent year non the less. They just dont look good this year, not up to par but then again I didnt want them to win it last year, lol. (contradiction I know)

Another underdog year or will the "big dogs" come back out to melt the ice?

Last edited:
I went to a Charlotte Checkers game once, I don't remember it but I was really drunk by the time it was over! So yeah, I had a good time.

haha, I used to go to the Oshawa Generals games all the time when I was living in Canada. My buddy actually started playing for them when I was already living down here. I dont think he plays anymore though

Wonko and I are both huge hockey fans. He plays goalie. I keep meaning to join up and hit right wing but never have time between work and the kiddo.

The Canes won't repeat. No way. It is incredibly difficult to win back to backs, you know that. They haven't got that level of character. I'm not knocking them, they've got a great squad with good leadership, but it's not enough.

Personally I can't wait to see what kind of season the kids have, like Miller up in Buffalo, and of course Ovechkin out east. Talk about pressure. I am SO looking forward to opening night. I'm a Stars fan, and we have some interesting new faces on the roster, not the least of which is Lindros. If that eggshull skull of his can hold up he might be exactly what we need to overcome Turco's playoff squalor.

I'm a Stars fan, and we have some interesting new faces on the roster, not the least of which is Lindros. If that eggshull skull of his can hold up he might be exactly what we need to overcome Turco's playoff squalor.

I coulda sworn I heard something about Lindros not playing? Hmmmm who am I thinkin of then? arg...

I lost alot of knowledge in the playoffs last year because of the teams that actually made it, wasnt a "happy ending" for me

Now its driving me nutz, I was just reading something about Lindros I thought

edit: I wasnt even close, I have been reading way to much hockey the past couple of weeks it was Yzer

Last edited:
If our management wisened up, the Blue Jackets should have a hell of a season. It's been the coaching that has screwed us up, not the players

Feds is out for about 5-6 weeks I think. Maybe less. He's actually a pretty tough guy so he should bounce back pretty quick.

He should be back by late mid October. You guys got one hell of a goalie though.

I dunno, cause I dont know shat about Denis but from the sounds of it we seem pretty happy about it.

Modin is the shit though, not happy hes gone. IMO if he gets his ass into gear he will prove to be a valuable asset for you all. Just hope you dont care for much passing, lol

I dunno, cause I dont know shat about Denis but from the sounds of it we seem pretty happy about it.

Modin is the shit though, not happy hes gone. IMO if he gets his ass into gear he will prove to be a valuable asset for you all. Just hope you dont care for much passing, lol

This guy is a stone wall. Why they traded him, I don't know. I know they've been training our rookie goalie Pascal Leclaire, but I didn't realize he was going to take over full time.

Modin better be worth it as I don't know much about him.

This guy is a stone wall. Why they traded him, I don't know. I know they've been training our rookie goalie Pascal Leclaire, but I didn't realize he was going to take over full time.

Modin better be worth it as I don't know much about him.

Oh he will be, hes a really solid player and can get really agressive in the corner. But looking at his stats for last year he really didnt have as many assist but then again we basically sucked passing last year so who can blame him.