Pics Hobby Thread

The wifi portal at the hospital began throwing "bad page load" errors. I don't really want to watch movies on mobile data.

I called the help desk and much back and forth it's the shift charge nurse in charge of fixing patient wifi so... This has about equal chance.iii8iii8iiiii

And yeah modem isn't secure but can find power settings to reboot.

Not much else to do when you're stuck in a camper but stay up way too late and come up with stupid shit to design

wat.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
oh if you're wondering what this thing is for...

The two square ICs are SIC789 integrated MOSFETs/drivers, which are commonly used these days on motherboard and video card VRMs, which can switch a whole lotta amps. And the four big cylinders are polymer capacitors, also commonly used on computer VRMs. And to the right of the square things is a microcontroller and some supporting parts that'll generate the shopping cart lock/unlock signal and feed it to those MOSFETs.

Me and a couple other local idiots are determined to find out how far away we can lock the wheels on a shopping cart, and that starts by throwing a whole lotta amps into a big coil of wire.

• Haha
Reactions: CletusJones and fly
Ive only seen functional shopping cart locks at a few places. Where I worked at Target had them but uh, they kept the system off because finding the unlock thingy was always a hassle. Stupid thing was it was near a bunch of apartments so people would walk their shit home in carts and shopping carts actually arent cheap. New replacement carts are like $200 each, that's why at home depot youll see beat to shit carts. They just get a dude to come by once a year and check the wheels and reweld broken ones.

Ive only seen functional shopping cart locks at a few places. Where I worked at Target had them but uh, they kept the system off because finding the unlock thingy was always a hassle. Stupid thing was it was near a bunch of apartments so people would walk their shit home in carts and shopping carts actually arent cheap. New replacement carts are like $200 each, that's why at home depot youll see beat to shit carts. They just get a dude to come by once a year and check the wheels and reweld broken ones.
yeah, they hire this dude:
sassy trailer park boys GIF

The original "cart boy" episode that kicked off TPB was good shit.

TPB jumped the shark long ago, but the first few seasons + this pilot were fabulous.

• Gravy
Reactions: CletusJones
The original "cart boy" episode that kicked off TPB was good shit.

TPB jumped the shark long ago, but the first few seasons + this pilot were fabulous.

Holy crap... o_O Thats eerily similar to some people ive worked.