Pics Hobby Thread

@Domon have you used an electric hand planer much?
I have some boards that I need to flatten and bring to thickness but theyre long enough that moving them around in the shop and through the benchtop planer is a pain in the ass.

@Domon have you used an electric hand planer much?
I have some boards that I need to flatten and bring to thickness but theyre long enough that moving them around in the shop and through the benchtop planer is a pain in the ass.
I'm assuming the boards are wider than the electric planer width? It's going to be a pain without some really good technique. If you're just jointing the edges of boards it's great for that as long as your technique is stable. Watch out for snipe at the end though it's easy to dig in

Id just cart the planer outside. Or see if you can point your infeed or outfeed at a window or door

The boards are only 6 - 8 ft long and about 6" wide
Ill just move some shit around in the shop to accommodate I guess
Been telling the wife Id make a dining room table with this material and I guess I should at least pretend Im getting started on it at some point:p

Material in question:

1656420902948.png

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Right tool for the job and all that, I'm sure there's a few but most the hand electric cleaners are only 4 in. Way easier just to move some stuff in the shop I think

The boards are only 6 - 8 ft long and about 6" wide
Ill just move some shit around in the shop to accommodate I guess
Been telling the wife Id make a dining room table with this material and I guess I should at least pretend Im getting started on it at some point:p

Material in question:

View attachment 16219
I would use the benchtop planer for that, but mine's mounted to a cart that I can roll outside.

The electric hand planer I have on hand is kind of a pile of shit, though. 4", and it doesn't have the guts to power through anything harder than pine.

My coffee roasting is going well. I'm slowly learning a lot of shit. The coffee roasting subreddit is an internet oddity. They are so nice there.

"I was hoping for City+, did I roast it correctly?"

Normal internet: "I WOULDNT WANT YOU TO POUR THAT COFFEE ON ME IF I WERE ON FIRE"

Coffee roasting subreddit: "It looks pretty good. Just try it. If you like it, its perfect!"

:wtf:

• Gravy
Reactions: august
My coffee roasting is going well. I'm slowly learning a lot of shit. The coffee roasting subreddit is an internet oddity. They are so nice there.

Normal internet: "I WOULDNT WANT YOU TO POUR THAT COFFEE ON ME IF I WERE ON FIRE"

Coffee roasting subreddit: "It looks pretty good. Just try it. If you like it, its perfect!"

When people achieve optimal levels of caffeination, they get much more relaxed.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly

there are some decent little pockets in that hellscape, especially when it's a sub that isn't on a default and whose posts don't typically make it to /all. when they're niche interests you only find if you go looking for it, you're more likely to have people who care about the subject and be able to build a community and set a vibe. it's the chaos of The Whole that fucks shit up there.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and fly
there are some decent little pockets in that hellscape, especially when it's a sub that isn't on a default and whose posts don't typically make it to /all. when they're niche interests you only find if you go looking for it, you're more likely to have people who care about the subject and be able to build a community and set a vibe. it's the chaos of The Whole that fucks shit up there.
r/daddit is a fantastically positive place too

I would enjoy some @fly coffee as an enema.
Val Kilmer Film GIF

• Love
Reactions: Jehannum