Pics Hobby Thread

Cross stitch, gaming, dog walks, yoga. Going go try and become a gym bitch soon since I quit smoking again. Also joined a DnD campaign which is super fun so far and a good way to spend an evening every couple weeks.
Honestly learning takes up a lot of my free time. Half the time I'm doing something educational around therapy shit.

Cross stitch, gaming, dog walks, yoga. Going go try and become a gym bitch soon since I quit smoking again. Also joined a DnD campaign which is super fun so far and a good way to spend an evening every couple weeks.
Honestly learning takes up a lot of my free time. Half the time I'm doing something educational around therapy shit.
Good on quitting, shit is tough.

Took a few tries but I did it cold.
Unless you count eating Starbursts to the tune of about 25lbs of weight gain.

Post your cross stitch.

BRB, making @APRIL post some of her crochet shit.

Be honest, do they really sound different to you? Or is it just the process that's pleasing?
On a nice player, I find they sound different than CDs, but for me it's mostly just the process. All the music I buy goes pretty much straight on the media player, and the record player is there for sitting in the office having a whisky after work.

I don't seek out old vinyl though, I just assess whether the cost difference between the new vinyl (which always comes with a CD) is worth it to me to have the bigger format with the neater liner notes.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I like collecting, using the equipment.
So mostly it's the process these days.
But vinyl has that warm analog sound artifact that digital doesn't have.
If you know what I mean.

• Gravy
Be honest, do they really sound different to you? Or is it just the process that's pleasing?

I do feel like you get a deeper , warmer sound out of vinyl, but there are a lot of variables.
If you have a "good" pressing of the album, and "good" equipment, and a "good" listening space
It all makes some difference
But the process is pleasing as well. You have a physical connection to the media. You can hold it, put it on the turntable, watch it spin , all of that. The packaging is part of it too. Large, wonderful art work, lyric sheets, additional content sometimes.
Plus when I grew up records were still the main delivery method for consumer music. Going to a record store and flipping through the bins is still satisfying. Finding something new and cool or something youd forgotten about that way is always great.

So the answer to your questions are yes and yes.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Strings
Oh, I maintain a collection of vinyl I've had since I was 12 and paint D&D miniatures.
Build locations/sets for the same and play bass.
I've also recently added edibles to my hobby list. Which can make the other hobbies difficult.
I want to do a DnD campaign with you someday. Can the scenario involve a fireball shooting at a wizard school tho?

• Love
Reactions: Strings
I want to do a DnD campaign with you someday. Can the scenario involve a fireball shooting at a wizard school tho?
Absolutely. We can have mages and wizards with staffs and magic wands locked in their desks scrambling to defend against a disgruntled warlock.

Last edited:
  • Love
I don't "get" the ASMR videos with people whispering or clicking their tongues or whatever, it does nothing for me, but I think the sound the needle makes when it drops and the warm gentle crackles throughout is probably the closest I get to it. most of the time I just listen to Spotify through my computer speakers because it's convenient and easy, but putting on a record is like a whole experience.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor