Pics Hobby Thread

My husband has decided to take up baking as a hobby. I support this endeavor whole heartedly. These are his first danish pastries.

He made the dough. I added the chocolate and baked them this morning so it could sit in the fridge all night. IMG_7606.jpeg

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: gee, fly and tre
My husband has decided to take up baking as a hobby. I support this endeavor whole heartedly. These are his first danish pastries.

He made the dough. I added the chocolate and baked them this morning so it could sit in the fridge all night. View attachment 18264
Congrats on gaining 20lbs.
Baking is the best hobby

• Gravy
Reactions: gee and kiwi

He made the dough. I added the chocolate and baked them this morning so it could sit in the fridge all night. View attachment 18264

Hes turning out to be quite the nice little housewife

This is my life’s dream.

I just bought a house with a separate one bay garage that I’m going to turn into a lego train room (Zoom background also).

That's awesome.

My basement currently has an 11' x 22' antique rug in it that is going to my Aunts new house pretty soon.

Part of the area will be a new game/nerd area with proper desks and my surround sound computer speakers all set up.

The other will be Lego Town and a Lego workshop/build desk.

That's awesome.

My basement currently has an 11' x 22' antique rug in it that is going to my Aunts new house pretty soon.

Part of the area will be a new game/nerd area with proper desks and my surround sound computer speakers all set up.

The other will be Lego Town and a Lego workshop/build desk.
This is the way.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
I've been watching youtoob videos on how to make Lego town tables.

Biggest thing learned so far it that baseplates are 10 1/32 inch square, and not the rounded off 10 inches that's listed.

Once you get into a big layout that shit adds up so you have to account for it.

I'll probably do a typical 2x4 frame with 3/4" plywood on top and double 2x4 legs in the corners. With one side of the leg sticking up so it slots into the frame.

• Gravy
Reactions: Syrup Beaver
Well that’s frustrating.

Why can’t they just use 12” tiles like normal people?

Mrs. Chikken wants me to glue the legos together so the kids can’t mess them up.

That would totally destroy my godzilla fantasies though.
I tried. She still broke it apart and it was a pain.

I'll probably do a typical 2x4 frame with 3/4" plywood on top and double 2x4 legs in the corners. With one side of the leg sticking up so it slots into the frame.
Yes, that is how you build a shitty workbench. You could also ditch the 3/4" ply and make a stress skin panel out of Masonite and cardboard which would be super flat and give a nice smooth surface.