Hobbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gardening. If I have spare time, I'm in the yard or the garden. If I have spare $, I'm buying compost or manure or mulch or alfalfa pellets or fish fertilizer or any of the other 23409572309452398 things I seem to always need

Gardening. If I have spare time, I'm in the yard or the garden. If I have spare $, I'm buying compost or manure or mulch or alfalfa pellets or fish fertilizer or any of the other 23409572309452398 things I seem to always need

How do I get rid of the yellow spots in the yard from dog pee? :(

I'm going to have to learn lawncare tout suite

How do I get rid of the yellow spots in the yard from dog pee? :(

I'm going to have to learn lawncare tout suite

That is nitrogen burn from the pee. It's like putting too much fertilizer down in one spot. It doesn't help at all that your yard is so young. It will be better equiped to handle the dog urin next year, after it has established a bit. My suggestions are:

1. shoot the dogs.

2. If #1 isn't an option, the next best thing would be to train them to potty somewhere where the damage would be minimal i.e. a gravel patch or something or, at least an out of the way place where the damage can be quarentined.

3. If 1 & 2 are out, the only other thing you can really do is to dilute it. Just like if you over fertilized, you would water, water, water. When you let the dogs out, watch where they pee and then immediatly soak the area with a hose. This dilutes the nitrogen in the urine and it won't burn the grass.

On a side note, with your dogs being as small as they are, I HIGHLY recommend this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00023RORC?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=nextag-pet-delta-20&linkCode=asn

I have 1 100lbs dog and this handles his crap perfectly. You still have to scoop the poop but, instead of bagging it and throwing it away, you just drop it into this device and it takes care of itself. And the digester poweder they try to sell you with it is garbage. It's just Rid-X you can buy anywhere for 1/2 the price.

That is nitrogen burn from the pee. It's like putting too much fertilizer down in one spot. It doesn't help at all that your yard is so young. It will be better equiped to handle the dog urin next year, after it has established a bit. My suggestions are:

1. shoot the dogs.

2. If #1 isn't an option, the next best thing would be to train them to potty somewhere where the damage would be minimal i.e. a gravel patch or something or, at least an out of the way place where the damage can be quarentined.

3. If 1 & 2 are out, the only other thing you can really do is to dilute it. Just like if you over fertilized, you would water, water, water. When you let the dogs out, watch where they pee and then immediatly soak the area with a hose. This dilutes the nitrogen in the urine and it won't burn the grass.

On a side note, with your dogs being as small as they are, I HIGHLY recommend this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00023RORC?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=nextag-pet-delta-20&linkCode=asn

I have 1 100lbs dog and this handles his crap perfectly. You still have to scoop the poop but, instead of bagging it and throwing it away, you just drop it into this device and it takes care of itself. And the digester poweder they try to sell you with it is garbage. It's just Rid-X you can buy anywhere for 1/2 the price.

Are your parents MacGyver and Martha Stewart?

1. shoot the dogs.

For that thing it says it works well in most soil types except hard clay. I know in phoenix our soil is very clayey but is it hard clay? Do you think it would still work here?

Mine used too. I got this over the summer and I love it. I don't drop dog doo on my hand trying to get it into the bag anymore. I just open the lid and drop it in

My newest hobby is picking up dog poop out of my yard ONTOPIC

See, what you do is you get one of those doggie doody bags, and wear it like a glove and just pick the piles up and put them in a plastic grocery bag, tie that sucker up and toss it into the outside garbage.

Works great now since it's cold. We might have to rethink the idea when it gets hot.

1. shoot the dogs.

You know you can buy a $10 garbage can from home depot, cut out the bottom, bury it, and it works the same way, right?

I put it in my neighbors mailbox

Our neighbors are BFF's with ryan's cousin.... who's mother is DONNA'S sister.

it's like the woman planted spies on us or something.

*shudder*

ONTOPIC: My mother-in-law's hobby is making my life miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.