Ontopic History of an Old Car

Explain that more? Far as I know there isn't a reference point or anything on the tail spline.

Edit: devcon is a brand apparently, know which type exactly? One of the metal putties I assume?
If not I'll start digging on some dorito forums
Just try clocking your driveshaft differently on the rear axle. See if that helps.

The Devcon I'm thinking of was Aluminum putty.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Every time I print one of these I find one little thing that needs tweaking. If I could find nylon filament I might actually try running it to insure it is all correct before casting.

bb5be29fd4acee26b86074136675e7cf.jpg

e3821ad806f6d06b8d71f6e2dd2fafa3.jpg

99cb7388d6f8e12b380524e3d33d1f7d.jpg

5c277e31df5674cdc7ca554df42c9f2a.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Thanks man, for the car part at least. I guess thanks for appreciating my service? Always feels weird when someone thanks me for doing something that I initially did to get a way to pay for school.
I don't always agree with what the military is doing or does, but i don't blame the basic service people unless they do something really fucked up like kill civilians for fun,etc. Doesn't matter why you were there. Every country needs some military. So thanks.

Does the blockoff plate you're mounting for the original single venturi extend down into the log to smooth the flow?
I thought I had posted that. Yeah it does, not all the way, but enough to allow the two sides to balance somewhat. I'll post a pic of my sacrificial positives later. It will also likely hold a central pivot to allow for a stockish gas pedal

I thought I had posted that. Yeah it does, not all the way, but enough to allow the two sides to balance somewhat. I'll post a pic of my sacrificial positives later. It will also likely hold a central pivot to allow for a stockish gas pedal
Cool.

I wouldn't worry too much about bleeding air between manifold halves, but it would make a good spot to put any vacuum assist taps.

To clarify: stock dual carb datsuns have a balance tube between the two intake manifolds, but it doesn't really serve any purpose except to add a little extra plenum space for the power brakes (and other vacuum assisted shit like PCV and anti-backfire valve).

Last edited:
Cool.

I wouldn't worry too much about bleeding air between manifold halves, but it would make a good spot to put any vacuum assist taps.

To clarify: stock dual carb datsuns have a balance tube between the two intake manifolds, but it doesn't really serve any purpose except to add a little extra plenum space for the power brakes (and other vacuum assisted shit like PCV and anti-backfire valve).
Yeah, every multicarb intake I've seen has it setup that way, and briefly looking into it made me think it would be safer to do that than not.

Yeah, every multicarb intake I've seen has it setup that way, and briefly looking into it made me think it would be safer to do that than not.
I think the only thing it's really critical for is PCV. You want that oily air equally distributed (unless you go to a venturi-effect crankcase evacuation scheme like I did with the Datsun, then it goes out the exhaust).

If I could find nylon filament I might actually try running it to insure it is all correct before casting.
Buy some .065" string trimmer line. Bake it in the oven for a long time to dry it out first because nylon absorbs moisture like you wouldn't believe, and moist nylon = failed prints. When it's dry, measure it with calipers to get the actual diameter and tweak your flow rate to compensate for the different cross sectional area.

Then follow recommendations here to print.

https://www.matterhackers.com/articles/printing-with-nylon

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Honestly, after buying a thing of trimmer line, then going through all that it might be easier to just buy a thing of nylon filament.
I think I've seen them for under $60 for 3/4 kg?

That's cool. Aluminum will burn out the PLA?
It might if you get the shells down to one or two and lower the infill a lot, I've never tried it. You'd have a bad surface finish as well
I generally burn the PLA out of the plaster first, usually because the plaster needs to completely cure.

Last edited: