Ontopic History of an Old Car

I'd have the same problem on the topside then as the bolts would go outside the face of the carb and wouldn't have a seal on top
Well, you can't just have blind holes that you can't hit from the bottom.

I'd have made the mounting holes the same spacing as the carb bodies. Then you could just run long carriage bolts straight through to the top and out the carb mounting points.

I'd have made the mounting holes the same spacing as the carb bodies.
Doesn't fit.
c1f11362d0b207fc7b22089a1cea0698.jpg

That might be a good solution.

Was talking about it elsewhere and I came up with a better idea than rivnuts. Going to turn either some blind holes in some posts or some studs then braze them in place.

:sigh:
Head to the shop, ask to use the lathe, grab some round stock and start cutting. Get one piece done and start on the next. For some reason I take the first and go clean the burrs off instead of continuing with the second.

White sparks.
Fuckers threw Ti rod in with the steel shit.
:case:

:sigh:
Head to the shop, ask to use the lathe, grab some round stock and start cutting. Get one piece done and start on the next. For some reason I take the first and go clean the burrs off instead of continuing with the second.

White sparks.
Fuckers threw Ti rod in with the steel shit.
:case:
You couldn't tell in the lathe??

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Mmmm.... Oxyacetylene...

Tried at home with a MAP gas torch and swirl tip. Almost got it hot enough, but not quite.

Heard something about tig welding with silicon bronze rods. If I clean this off and need to redo it I'll probably try that.
92adbf90a427b1b925720db364e76ccc.jpg

Doesn't fit.
c1f11362d0b207fc7b22089a1cea0698.jpg
Make another bracket that looks like that, but with threaded holes. Make the bracket thicker if you have to, to get enough meat for the threads and/or room for the end of the bolt.
If you're CNCing the thing, and there isn't a premade gasket that goes between the two parts, I s'pose you could also machine in an O-ring groove or two while you're at it to seal the carb/manifold.
Mill out the opening in the manifold so those two holes vent directly into the manifold without the edge you see.
Weld the bracket to the manifold.

*shrug*

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Make another bracket that looks like that, but with threaded holes. Make the bracket thicker if you have to, to get enough meat for the threads and/or room for the end of the bolt.
If you're CNCing the thing, and there isn't a premade gasket that goes between the two parts, I s'pose you could also machine in an O-ring groove or two while you're at it to seal the carb/manifold.
Mill out the opening in the manifold so those two holes vent directly into the manifold without the edge you see.
Weld the bracket to the manifold.

*shrug*
Like what's in these pics?
Updated pics of the twin Weber mockup.
The adapter for the front is printing now (I think it is. I might've fucked up and started printing this one again. It's using the school's printer and filament, though so I don't give a shit.)

Basically trying to ensure that I'm able to move the throttle linkage all the way.