Pics Hill Country road trip

The fight wasn't with me directly but someone from our group of 13 gays. One of the guys was quite drunk from our winery hopping throughout the day (he was doing shots and mixed drinks in the van in between wineries, asking vinters where he can score some weed) and a local made a passing critique about Obama and he flew off the handle. It was a very ugly scene, complete with the f*g bomb thrown around. The local couple left very pissed off for having a ruined evening, the gay went off alone into the streets, going somewhere. The ride back to Houston was very uncomfortable in the van (built for 12 people). The man has now vowed to never drink and has more or less stuck to it. this was in January.

Was that guy you? be honest...

I finally finished reading this trip report this morning... makes me long for a scooter/bike again. Just wish it weren't so expensive to insure here. Except for the camping part (don't really "do" camping now) it sounded like a lot of fun!

I was always worried about the camping part, but after you get over the hoopla about it, camping just ends up being a place to crash and rest and recoup so you can do the ride (or hike or whatever) the next day. I always thought the camping part was the most important and worrisome. After our previous rides, however, the camping is just a trivial necessity compared to the rest of the ride.

I finally finished reading this trip report this morning... makes me long for a scooter/bike again. Just wish it weren't so expensive to insure here. Except for the camping part (don't really "do" camping now) it sounded like a lot of fun!

My scooter is $187 a year to insure. I don't think that is expensive at all. Between that at the 70+mpg I get and the initial price of $3700 (cheaper now actually for the same model) it's a very cheap hobby. That whole trip cost me about $300 including gas, food, and lodging. I challenge you to spend less on a road trip for 5 days. My weekly bill for my scooter (including insurance and gas and maintenance) is under $20.