Hilary Clinton running for President

Like Dick Marcinko says, the intensity of combat is directly related to the piece of dirt you're standing on. There are guys in Afghanistan that have endured more combat in a single month than guys in Iraq have endured during an entire tour. It all depends on where one is and what one is supposed to be doing. On a grand scale the overall amount of combat in each country may be vastly different but that doesn't mean that everyone in Iraq is dealing with more crap than everyone in Afghanistan.

I hear ya on that one BUT the war in Iraq on a grand general scale is much larger with more casualty's. I am not down playing either one so dont think that but if I was drafted and had a choice I would go to Afghan.

I hear ya on that one BUT the war in Iraq on a grand general scale is much larger with more casualty's. I am not down playing either one so dont think that but if I was drafted and had a choice I would go to Afghan.

I understand. Just saying that to the individuals involved the amount of combat is solely dependant on their positions and duties, not theatre. That being said I'd much rather go to Afghanistan because at least the war in that country was justified. My gunnery sgt at the recruiting station was a sniper there in 2002 quite literally hunting Osama bin Laden himself when he and his Recon unit was pulled from duty for redeployment into Iraq. After the initial invasion he had a choice of cycling back for a deployment to Anbar or doing his B-billet as a recruiter and was so pissed off that he couldn't go back to do the job they actually trained him for that he decided to stick it out stateside.

I understand. Just saying that to the individuals involved the amount of combat is solely dependant on their positions and duties, not theatre. That being said I'd much rather go to Afghanistan because at least the war in that country was justified. My gunnery sgt at the recruiting station was a sniper there in 2002 quite literally hunting Osama bin Laden himself when he and his Recon unit was pulled from duty for redeployment into Iraq. After the initial invasion he had a choice of cycling back for a deployment to Anbar or doing his B-billet as a recruiter and was so pissed off that he couldn't go back to do the job they actually trained him for that he decided to stick it out stateside.

That would be the only thing I would want to do if I were to join the military, sniper. Such training would just be amazing. Being able to sit perfectly still for 3 days and shit. I bolded my favorite quote.

He was lying in order to give you a hard-on for service. :fly: The most combat he's seen involves squeezing his wife's fat ass into their Honda Civic.

That would be the only thing I would want to do if I were to join the military, sniper. Such training would just be amazing. Being able to sit perfectly still for 3 days and shit. I bolded my favorite quote.

I've always felt that way. Watching the news during Saddam's execution was frustrating. Yeah, a brutal dictator got his just deserts for what he did to his people. Whoop-dee-fuckity-doo. What about the asshole that killed three thousand of OUR people? What about the asshole that made sure I will never get to visit the twin towers that I wanted to see up close for so long? What about the asshole that vowed to keep doing such things as long as there was a breath in his body?

Sniping's in my blood :o For me it's more about knowing that such a small amount of action can completely alter the course of a battle. That and as elite as Force Recon Marines are their snipers are even moreso. Creme de la Creme. If you're gonna be among the best, be the best among them.
He was lying in order to give you a hard-on for service. :fly: The most combat he's seen involves squeezing his wife's fat ass into their Honda Civic.

Nah, there was no selling required. I came in telling them I would do whatever necessary to be a Marine. My ASVAB scores could get my a cushy job in the Navy's NUC program or have me designing satellites for the Chair Force or doing crypto for the Army...all with tasty signing bonuses. Instead I blew their minds telling them I wanted to be a ground pounder. :p

Last edited:
Nah, there was no selling required. I came in telling them I would do whatever necessary to be a Marine. My ASVAB scores could get my a cushy job in the Navy's NUC program or have me designing satellites for the Chair Force or doing crypto for the Army...all with tasty signing bonuses. Instead I blew their minds telling them I wanted to be a ground pounder. :p

"minds" pssssssh