Hi Ho, There's Snow, so it's home from work I go!!!

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
http://www.weather.com/weather/aler...ificance=A&areaid=ILZ006&office=KLOT&etn=0001

Issued by The National Weather Service
Chicago, IL
10:36 am CST, Mon., Jan. 12, 2009

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO MIDNIGHT CST TONIGHT... ... BLIZZARD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO MIDNIGHT CST TONIGHT. A BLIZZARD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP MID TO LATE AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE TONIGHT. STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS BY EARLY TUESDAY MORNING OF 2 TO 5 INCHES ARE EXPECTED... WITH THE GREATER ACCUMULATIONS ACROSS FAR NORTHERN ILLINOIS CLOSER TO THE WISCONSIN STATELINE. NORTHWEST WINDS WILL STRENGTHEN OVERNIGHT TO 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 35 MPH. THE COMBINATION OF FRESH SNOW COVER... CONTINUED LIGHT SNOW OVERNIGHT... AND STRONG GUSTY WINDS WILL LEAD TO BLIZZARD OR NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AND DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS... WITH WIDESPREAD VISIBILITIES OF ONE QUARTER OF A MILE OR LESS. TRAVEL WILL BECOME EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND MAY BECOME NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE LATE TONIGHT INTO EARLY TUESDAY MORNING. WINDS WILL BEGIN TO DIMINISH IN SPEED TOWARD MIDDAY TUESDAY.

IN ADDITION... ARCTIC AIR MOVING INTO NORTHERN ILLINOIS AND NORTHWEST INDIANA BEHIND THIS SYSTEM WILL ALSO PRODUCE WIND CHILLS OF 15 BELOW TO 20 BELOW LATE TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY MORNING.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT ACCUMULATING SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

A BLIZZARD WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FALLING AND/OR BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND EXTREMELY POOR VISIBILITIES. THIS CAN LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AND MAKE TRAVEL VERY DANGEROUS.

More Information

This is good news. I've been trying to make it to work like a normal 5 day a week person, and I made it all the way through last week, and I made it in today but didn't want to be here. :lol: So going home at 3pm still counts as coming in!

This morning, my brother did some excellent maneuvering on the way to work to keep us from 1) colliding head on with a big truck 2) rear ending some folks in front of us when the car spun out of control and 3) smashing into a curb when the car decided to go sideways on the road.

I was quite impressed with his handling and reactions, but could have used a change of pants. It's too cold to salt roads, so we now have a 30+ mile commute EACH way on icy roads.

blah

yeah, it snowed around 6" on saturday here, then another inch or so yesterday... and it's fuckin' snowing again now.

BLIZZARD WARNING LOLZ EVERYONE GO HOME!

It's not the snow so much as the ice and the 30mph winds... If I had a normal commute like a normal person it would be fine, but we're over 30 miles away and even on a normal day with no traffic it's almost an hour each way.

We will leave at 3 and probably get home around 5-6

It's not the snow so much as the ice and the 30mph winds... If I had a normal commute like a normal person it would be fine, but we're over 30 miles away and even on a normal day with no traffic it's almost an hour each way.

We will leave at 3 and probably get home around 5-6

I hear ya. I have only a 20km commute, and a couple weeks ago it took me 2.5 hours to get to work in a foot of snow. It doesn't help that we have a transit strike here resulting in about 25% more cars on the road.

It really hasn't been this bad in years and years... this is not what I've grown accustomed to in the past years living up here.

:lol:

It's great except for the driving. I mean it's too cold for roads to be salted, and when they can't salt, they usually don't bother plowing either... but other than that...

Oh, Im sure I'd starting bitching about eventually, its what I do. However, at least its different. Same fucking weather every day down here pretty much.
i find that rain and the odd tornado threat is enough excitement without resorting to cold and snow.

I'm with fly. Snow still holds a special place for me. True, I'm sure my tolerance of the cold is for shit anymore, but a few days of playing in the winter would do me good. Just need a board and a good hill.