Hey TV people

thrawn

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
yeah, i pretty much meant theac but anyone else who has anything worthwhile, unrelated and funny, poop comment or blog entry can voice their opinion. what do you think of this television?

theacoustician said:
If you're going to blow money on something Sony, screw a 3 LCD arrangement and go for the SXRD.

I knew theac would disapprove. Knyte made a comment about a Sony earlier and he already voiced opinion regarding them.

As far as my thoughts go, looks like a nice TV, wanna buy me one? I'll send you nekkid pics*.

*of Knyte.

kiwi said:
I knew theac would disapprove. Knyte made a comment about a Sony earlier and he already voiced opinion regarding them.

As far as my thoughts go, looks like a nice TV, wanna buy me one? I'll send you nekkid pics*.

*of Knyte.
SXRD is Sony's version of LCoS. I'm trying to tell him not to buy closeouts.

Combine the fill rate (around 60%), 1366x768 resolution, and blow it up to 60". You're going to get screen dooring. You'll be displeased with the image as soon as HD-DVD/Bluray hits the market and you realize you can't see the full resolution of the movie. Same goes for next gen games that'll be brought to you in 1080i and 1080p. Once you see 1080p, you'll understand why I think this is a bad idea.

If you're going to buy big now, buy 1080 native and higher fill rate or go home. Its not worth your money. We're on the cusp of high def. video flooding the market and I know there are going to be a shitload of early adopters who are going to realize that they jumped too soon and regret it.

For smaller (30" and under) sets in bedrooms and the like where viewing is much more casual, that resolution and fill is adequate. Living rooms and other primary viewing locations would do well to steer clear of it at this point.

thrawn said:
which brand would you recommend?
There's no one right brand. It all has to do with what you want to see on the TV, how long you want it to last, how far away are you sitting, where everyone else will be sitting, quality, lighting in the room, how much you're willing to spend... lots of stuff.