WTF Hey newbies, what are your opinions on this?

FOOKIN LUND FAKIRS!
Ya i feel better lol.
heeee
So i went to the atm and the watchman inside was talking real loud on the phone, i told him and he ignored me so i started singing really loud till he left the booth... good start

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
next i'm gonna hook up my 1500W setup and play at ear destroying levels for the neighbours that have been renovating and cutting tiles for the last 2 weeks...

Sorry nukes, was too busy trying to decide whether this place is more fucked up than Craigslist casual encounters or not.

What was the question again?
Plane on a treadmill. Lets say plane is moving forward at 90mph.
The treadmill is moving 90 mph the opposite direction, so the planes engines are engaged, but the plane is essentially standing still.

I say the plane cannot take off because without actual forward momentum it cannot generate lift with the airfoil.

No this place is not equivalent to casual encounters, no one is getting laid here without putting in years of footwork (and apparently 10 grand allowance lol).

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and adi
Plane on a treadmill. Lets say plane is moving forward at 90mph.
The treadmill is moving 90 mph the opposite direction, so the planes engines are engaged, but the plane is essentially standing still.

I say the plane cannot take off because without actual forward momentum it cannot generate lift with the airfoil.

No this place is not equivalent to casual encounters, no one is getting laid here without putting in years of footwork (and apparently 10 grand allowance lol).

It's a trap, nukes. If that's a serious question then we are going to have to dumb down even further to assimilate ourselves into the general population.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Put a skateboard on a treadmill. Turn on the treadmill to whatever speed you want. Apply enough force with your body to compensate for friction so that the skateboard doesn't move backward. Now the wheeels are spinning at the same speed as the treadmill. Apply "thrust" by pushing your leg on the part of the treadmill that doesn't move. Do you go forward?

Put a skateboard on a treadmill. Turn on the treadmill to whatever speed you want. Apply enough force with your body to compensate for friction so that the skateboard doesn't move backward. Now the wheeels are spinning at the same speed as the treadmill. Apply "thrust" by pushing your leg on the part of the treadmill that doesn't move. Do you go forward?
A straw argument.
I.would not gain enough thrust to provide lift to the airfoil without reaching the necessary ground or airspeed to do so.
The answers on the physics site were telling.
The wheels are free spinning on an airplane, but still if you managed to move the treadmill fast enough to match the thrust of the engines, the plane would remain stationary.

So the initial argument itself is straw and moot- plane wheels are there to reduce friction, not as a source of thrust.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Also, and wait for it heres more straw, one would have to know how much thrust said airplane could provide and if said thrust was enough to achieve ENOUGH groundspeed or airspeed to provide lift.
As it stands, its an open ended question.
Sure, the engines can provide forward motion and momentum.
But will the plane take off?
Without treadmill speed and power and torque variables of the engines its not actually possible to say :)

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD