Hey G-Shock

old mercs are pretty good on reliability...they went to shit around the mid 90's when lexus ate their lunch on the reliability front

always wanted a 560 sec

560%20(2).JPG

Father in law drives a 1974 450SL (i believe) convertible in the summer. He likes it.

Last edited:
I just don't get the Mercedes hype. "You haven't really made it until you own a Mercedes." When will that go away? I'd like to mark my calendar.

They did have a problem in the 90s w/ reliability but they cut profits from 3billion to 1billion to improve that. The 300E ( my old ride) was one of the most over engineered cars ever made.

The complaints I have about my current CLK is the cruise control is to far away from my lil fingers. I can steal reach it, but it feels like a stretch. And the Radio has some controls that are a lil out of a comfortable reach. I took it to OKC last weekend on I-35 every one knows if you get in a pack you can really cruise fast. I had Cruise set at 95mph most of the way. The car was really quite and road really nice. I think a few times we popped it up to 120-125 and you could tell that you were hauling balls.
Also I don't feel like I've "made it" because I own a MB. I'm a fan of German cars from VW to Porsche. IMO the big 3 make great reliable cars that have a lot of technology in them and I feel them to be really safe. Where i live my car is nothing compared to what I see day to day. It's not really the car to impress w/.

Fort Worth is too poor for that car. They may have small horns on their boots though. Bunch of filthy peasants.