Hey buddy, thanks for wasting my time

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
So the buyer for our condo (who I had a verbal contract with 3 weeks ago) backed out this weekend on account of him not being able to get the money. Which irritates me because that was 3 weeks down the drain that our condo could have been on the market with a realtor to find a serious buyer. This essentially means that we now have to contract with a realtor, finish prepping the house (which was put on hold because we thought it was sold), and then put it on the market and wait for it to sell. We also missed Memorial Day weekend which our realtor told us is a huge "let's look for a new place to live" time. This now puts the construction/move in of our new home out that much further.

So my question is: How can I get back at him?

Should I kill him and then bury him under the porch of the new house to send a message?

Or take the higher more moral road of killing him and then delivering his body back to his family after it has been burned and desecrated?

:mad: :knyte:

Last edited:
Thorn Bird said:
oh, geez. i'm so sorry. i don't think i should go with a verbal contract again. get SOMETHING on paper. :(

It was basically "Yeah, I'd love to buy it from you guys, give me a week or so to get you a contract so we can close."

Then I sporadically heard from him until I got the email "Sorry, lolz"

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, not much you can really do with a verbal contract in that case

Yea, we realize that. The irritating part was that it took him so long to tell us no thanks after saying he wanted it.

yeah, that isn't a verbal contract. A verbal contract would be "I would like to buy your property from you for $X on Y Date...and a 3rd party witness would need to be present.

I know it's no help now but I would have listed the property anyways and told them to give you the formal offer when they got it ready, until you see the offer in writing, assume they are full of shit.

ERage said:
yeah, that isn't a verbal contract. A verbal contract would be "I would like to buy your property from you for $X on Y Date...and a 3rd party witness would need to be present.

I know it's no help now but I would have listed the property anyways and told them to give you the formal offer when they got it ready, till you see the offer in writing, assume they are full of shit.
yeah, but then they would have had to finish with the place... :p

True, but weren't they going to do that anyways? I always plan on the worst case scenario and then everything else looks like gravy if it turns out better. I'm just a glass is half empty guy I suppose.

ERage said:

I know it's no help now but I would have listed the property anyways and told them to give you the formal offer when they got it ready, until you see the offer in writing, assume they are full of shit.

The only reason we didn't do that was we were hoping to avoid signing with the real estate agent and not having to pay agent fees. If we had listed and then he bought it, we still would have had those fees to pay.

kiwi said:
The only reason we didn't do that was we were hoping to avoid signing with the real estate agent and not having to pay agent fees. If we had listed and then he bought it, we still would have had those fees to pay.

Yeah, I know hindsight is always 20/20. I wish it could have turned out better for you guys. If you want I can try to score a cheap flight to come out there and break someone's legs for you. Or better yet, we could use IRobertI's Mag85 to melt off his testicles. Rocky mountain oysters ftw!

ERage said:

There was a conversation with those exact statements made several weeks ago, in retrospect I should've recorded it. :(

SpangeMonkee said:
two words: promissory money

no contract needed. assumed buyer gives you $500 to hold the property. If they back out, you keep the money. If he buys, you return the money. People's words are completely worthless.

is this the same as earnest money? if so, it's usually $1000.