Hey, be working this monday?

join the club. I'm also dealing with our top execs in a multi billion dollar company who could probably make sure I never worked in this state again if I were to fuck something up or piss them off. that doesn't add any pressure to the job at all!

Yeah. I do just mundane stuff with Linear accelerators and 3D treatment planning systems that are used to make sure people can beat cancer. Nothing important like dealing with media types.

Yeah. I do just mundane stuff with Linear accelerators and 3D treatment planning systems that are used to make sure people can beat cancer. Nothing important like dealing with media types.

they're just computers. :p

they're just computers. :p

A linear particle accelerator (often shortened to linac) is a type of particle accelerator that greatly increases the velocity of charged subatomic particles or ions by subjecting the charged particles to a series of oscillating electric potentials along a linear beamline; this method of particle acceleration was invented in 1928 by Rolf Widerøe.[1]

Linacs have many applications, from the generation of X-rays for medicinal purposes, to being an injector for a higher-energy accelerators, to the investigation of the properties of subatomic particles. The design of a linac depends on the type of particle that is being accelerated: electrons, protons or ions. They range in size from a cathode ray tube to the 2-mile (3.2 km) long linac at the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory in Menlo Park, California
Weird. I guess PC's in the Media Biz must be a little more sooped up than I expected.

it's not like you're handling uranium with your bare hands. you order the stuff and then plug it up. :lol:

it's not like you're handling uranium with your bare hands. you order the stuff and then plug it up. :lol:

I'll just let you keep believin, dude. But I will tell you that you really don't know what you are talking about.

You don't just 'plug in' a linac. :case:

Dude, your job isn't any more important then anyone else here, you cares who you work for, give it a rest.

my point was we both have demanding jobs. he doesn't seem to think I do so I was just needling him back a bit.

my point was we both have demanding jobs. he doesn't seem to think I do so I was just needling him back a bit.

Your job isn't nearly as taxing as the majority of posters here. Just look at your post count. You don't do Jack shit all day and you play video games at work.

Your job isn't nearly as taxing as the majority of posters here. Just look at your post count. You don't do Jack shit all day and you play video games at work.

that's why duke and I did the same number of tickets last month? because I do jack shit and play video games at work? I've played video games at work maybe 5x in 9 1/2 years here.

don't you have something you should be fucking up so you can get fired and sit at home all day? :fly:

that's why duke and I did the same number of tickets last month? because I do jack shit and play video games at work? I've played video games at work maybe 5x in 9 1/2 years here.

don't you have something you should be fucking up so you can get fired and sit at home all day? :fly:

Tickets are a poor reflection on how much work is done. You should know that. Don't fight it, we all know you have more personal time at work than anyone.