Hey all you smart homeowners/carpenters/etc...

Sold sign is up, it is done.

Well, not really. I was looking over the plans last night for our new house, the first time I really started to look at it as our new house. And I took out a piece of paper that our realtor gave us showing the bedroom sizes compared to a few of their models and our current house. It turns out she was off by 2 1/2 feet in one of the bedrooms...:(

long tall smiley said:
Sold sign is up, it is done.

Well, not really. I was looking over the plans last night for our new house, the first time I really started to look at it as our new house. And I took out a piece of paper that our realtor gave us showing the bedroom sizes compared to a few of their models and our current house. It turns out she was off by 2 1/2 feet in one of the bedrooms...:(

That sucks. 2 1/2 feet is a lot.

Coqui said:
That sucks. 2 1/2 feet is a lot.
Yeah it is. We're gonna talk to her today and see if its something that can be rectified. The framing for the basement and the main floor has already started, so if it can be fixed we have to do it quick. Now its just a matter of how much its going to cost...:(

long tall smiley said:
Yeah it is. We're gonna talk to her today and see if its something that can be rectified. The framing for the basement and the main floor has already started, so if it can be fixed we have to do it quick. Now its just a matter of how much its going to cost...:(
An arm, a leg, and three :gloerf:'s

That's IF you can convince the contractor to even do it, a lot of 'em are pricks

ChikkenNoodul said:

That's IF you can convince the contractor to even do it, a lot of 'em are pricks

Yeah they are
They put a fireplace in our house we didnt even want. I asked them if they could leave it out, they said no, I even offered them money to leave it out and they still wouldnt.
Why the flying shit they put fireplaces in houses in south texas is beyond me, but now Im stuck with one :rolleyes:

ChikkenNoodul said:

I just talked to her and she said the joists and everything have all been ordered so it doesn't sound like theres a lot they can do.

Drool-Boy said:
Yeah they are
They put a fireplace in our house we didnt even want. I asked them if they could leave it out, they said no, I even offered them money to leave it out and they still wouldnt.
Why the flying shit they put fireplaces in houses in south texas is beyond me, but now Im stuck with one :rolleyes:
burning "parts"

Drool-Boy said:
Not in an open fireplace n00b
You need an enclosed furnace for that
Oh, you don't care for the smell of burning hookers and hippies?

Drool-Boy said:
Yeah they are
That's retarded, our jackass had a deck on the plan and we kept waiting to see it built. The day before the closing, I asked where the deck was.

He said "What deck? I don't build decks" (And of course his model house had a deck :rolleyes: )

The fucker almost refused to close because we called our lawyer, eventually we just build our own, larger, and nicer deck.

ChikkenNoodul said:
That's retarded, our jackass had a deck on the plan and we kept waiting to see it built. The day before the closing, I asked where the deck was.

He said "What deck? I don't build decks" (And of course his model house had a deck :rolleyes: )

The fucker almost refused to close because we called our lawyer, eventually we just build our own, larger, and nicer deck.

Yeah Ill probably tear the damn thing out eventually and just sheetrock over the hole thats left.

Drool-Boy said:
Yeah Ill probably tear the damn thing out eventually and just sheetrock over the hole thats left.
Fireplaces are nice up here in this neck of the woods.