Hey all you smart homeowners/carpenters/etc...

If they signed before an inspection, they're morons anyways. As long as it passes code, you aren't required to fix anything. Everything above and beyond that is up to you and how badly you want to sell. If they're gonna nit pick on a few hundred dollars when you're talking a few hundred thousand in purchase ... they're idiots.

theacoustician said:
If they signed before an inspection, they're morons anyways. As long as it passes code, you aren't required to fix anything. Everything above and beyond that is up to you and how badly you want to sell. If they're gonna nit pick on a few hundred dollars when you're talking a few hundred thousand in purchase ... they're idiots.
:eek:

you agree with me.

*marks calendar*

:nev:

This going to have to be your call. If it passed, then you are not required to do anything. If you think they will back out of the deal because of it....you may have to meet them half way.

as was mentioned, if it passed inspection you aren't really obligated to do anything. how desperate you are to make the sale final is another matter.

i did this with one of the houses i own. the electrical work was pretty bad, there's no way it would've passed an inspection. the sellers weren't happy, but they knocked a grand off the selling price to pay for the repairs. and then i did all the work myself...:D they were in a bind, had already bought another house and couldn't pay for both.

ChikkenNoodul said:
So what did they say? Did they sic Sally Struthers on you?
It sounds like they settled for the $250. I'm just waiting for the paperwork to be in my hands before I confirm anything. Their realtor talks a lot and half the time is full of shit it seems. I'll know for sure tonight when our realtor comes by.

If everything goes through, the day before we move out I'm gonna have the dog pee in the furnace I think.

long tall smiley said:
It sounds like they settled for the $250. I'm just waiting for the paperwork to be in my hands before I confirm anything. Their realtor talks a lot and half the time is full of shit it seems. I'll know for sure tonight when our realtor comes by.

If everything goes through, the day before we move out I'm gonna have the dog pee in the furnace I think.

An excellent plan. Even worse would be cat pee..... but dog pee will do just fine.

long tall smiley said:

Hide frozen shrimp in nooks and crannies around the house.

theacoustician said:
I may have already done that...:(

One thing I was actually seriously thinking about doing was taking the transformer for our outdoor lights with us. Since its plugged into a socket and not currently affixed to anything, I think we can legally keep it. Those things are like $30 a pop.

theacoustician said:

Oh God. That reminds of working at a pizza place in high school. There was a freak assistant manager, who's morning ritual consisted of coming in, heading for the shrimp (they were in water) and dunking his left hand. He'd walk around all day smelling it...... eewwww. I asked him one time what the hell he was doing with the shrimp. His answer. "Reminds me of last night." :(

BigDov said:
Oh God. That reminds of working at a pizza place in high school. There was a freak assistant manager, who's morning ritual consisted of coming in, heading for the shrimp (they were in water) and dunking his left hand. He'd walk around all day smelling it...... eewwww. I asked him one time what the hell he was doing with the shrimp. His answer. "Reminds me of last night." :(
His poor mother...:(

long tall smiley said:
I may have already done that...:(

One thing I was actually seriously thinking about doing was taking the transformer for our outdoor lights with us. Since its plugged into a socket and not currently affixed to anything, I think we can legally keep it. Those things are like $30 a pop.
Take it, I'm replacing all the expensive lights in my house with the shit from the new house when it sells.

long tall smiley said:

Good, make sure it's monopoly money too.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Good, make sure it's monopoly money too.
I shall give them dinar or something like that. How many dinar for one American dollar.