Hey all you smart homeowners/carpenters/etc...

Coqui said:
I'd definitely get an estimate from another person as well.
I know, I gotta find someone in the area to get that from. I can't imagine it being more then a grand, and probably a lot less

Drool-Boy said:
Ya I bet you can get a good handy-man type to fix it for like $100 or something , depending on what needs done of course
If theres a simple fix that sounds about right. To replace the railing it would be more, but not $1500.

I would fix it myself, but I'm afraid I would do more damage then good. These people are anal beyong belief.

long tall smiley said:
I know, I gotta find someone in the area to get that from. I can't imagine it being more then a grand, and probably a lot less

Get one of them menonite dudes to do it
They work fuckin cheap and theyre quality work ++

Drool-Boy said:
hijack me an amish dude?

hmmm....

"Look Gunther, either you fix the railing, or I'll steal your soul with my A70"

Drool-Boy said:

An you can have fun with his horsie while he's fixing your railing. :drool:

are ethiopians known for their hardball tactics when it comes to real estate?

long tall smiley said:

Find someone who has a membership to Angie's List. That should help

why_ask_why said:
rip the railing out and beat them with it
I mentioned that I would be more then happy taking it out complete for them.

Coqui said:
:p

It's a list of contractors that are known for their service and prices. Very tough list to get on.
Hmm, we have quite a few friends in the construction trade. I'll have to check into that. We should know by noon hopefully if they accepted our counteroffer.

long tall smiley said:
Hmm, we have quite a few friends in the construction trade. I'll have to check into that. We should know by noon hopefully if they accepted our counteroffer.

Good luck. I know how much of a bitch it is, I was on the buyer side when it happened to me, but they were in the wrong in their case.

Drool-Boy said:
just tell them to not lean their fat asses against the rail
I've leaned my fatass against it and it hasn't even come close to giving.