Help with cervical cancer

El Borracho said:
why don't i just donate 50 bucks to cervical cancer research and forgo the bracelet trend?
because then other yuppie liberals with gerbils in their butts wouldn't know that you're also a trendwhore yuppie liberal that will only donate money to a cause to get something out of it for free

also, I'd find it hilarious if tshirthell had donated the proceeds from this shirt to cervical cancer research

I feel weird taking something for free to support a serious cause.

Can I buy it?

Edit: I need to read more often.

El Borracho said:
meh, the doanting process is too complicated.

fuck cervical cancer.
It's a serious disease that certainly deserves attention. The more women are educated about it the safer they will be when they have sex and hopefully it will decrease the occurance of HPV. Now I've also seen some conflicting reports about the connection between HPV and cervical cancer but I didn't look too deep into it so it may not have much merit. Either way, while the donation process may be complicated I would urge you to keep the information about this condition in the back of your mind.

My only beef with donating money to causes like this is the inefficiency of it. I have a problem with all these individual research goals. We can't go through life without being asked to donate money for cancer research, AIDS research, Parkinson's research, ALS research, MS research and research for god knows how many other diseases. How is one to choose? I believe the focus should lie in research that could make a difference in all of those situations, namely research into genetic engineering.

FlyNavy said:
I believe the focus should lie in research that could make a difference in all of those situations, namely research into genetic engineering.

I agree with your logic, the problem lies in the moral implications. I'm not wanting to get into that debate, I'm just saying that it's a hindrance in getting widespread support.

I say focus on something that has a personal connection. If someone close to you died of breast cancer, then donate to a good breast cancer foundation. This way you feel more like you're making a difference, and causes will balance themselves out based on how much a cure is needed. The more people who are affected --> the more people who are close to them --> the more help it gets.

El Borracho said:
I donate money for medical supplies to be shipped to africa, i find that to be more rewarding as it has immediate benefits.
You just bought bandaids and neosporin for a rich, abusive, tyrranical dictator who forces his people to live in poverty, encourages intertribal conflict among neighboring nations and feeds off the foreign aid provided by our tax dollars to remain in power.

:heart:

FlyNavy said:
You just bought bandaids and neosporin for a rich, abusive, tyrranical dictator who forces his people to live in poverty, encourages intertribal conflict among neighboring nations and feeds off the foreign aid provided by our tax dollars to remain in power.

:heart:

the red cross works wonders

The_More_You_Know.jpg

Having seen most of these charities at work, I'd never donate money to them, it'll just be wasted on inexperienced morons or lost in "administration".

The only one worth donating to is Cancer Research.

the Lupus foundation and the Heart and Stroke foundation are the only 2 organizations I support on a regular basis- as they hit [very] close to home with me.

I ordered a bracelet though- I'm deathly scared of getting breast/cervical cancer. I've been scared to death of it since I was young enough to understand what it meant :(