Help with buying servers

Just have everyone in the office sit together like this and use text to speech. Then you wouldn't need email.

off1.jpg

Or there is always this option.

off2.jpg

Well with all the specific advice I've gotten, of course.

So you're gonna backup ALL the pcs to one of these servers? Why not to tape? It's cheaper.

For a 30 user load, pretty much any server you get is going to be overkill, unless you're doing SERIOUSLY intensive shit.

Look, I really don't give a shit how the PCs get backed up. I'd prefer the option to put it to a tape to go offsite or in a safe (not all the time, but at least sometimes). Other than that it doesn't matter to me.

I figured MS Backup must suck. It looks like you can put a scheduled task it to kick it off, but it's not the same as having central command via a program on a server.

So you're gonna backup ALL the pcs to one of these servers? Why not to tape? It's cheaper.

For a 30 user load, pretty much any server you get is going to be overkill, unless you're doing SERIOUSLY intensive shit.
Also, the server is more for the application, and I figured I could go ahead and put the backup on it too since it won't be heavy use either way.

MS/NTBackup should only be used as a last resort especially if using it via a scheduled task. Offsite is always a good option. I'm not a big fan of tape myself I prefer spinning disk. I've just had more media failures with tape vs disk. I have an 300TB L700 that just sits around because the tape library media is never dependable.

MS/NTBackup should only be used as a last resort especially if using it via a scheduled task. Offsite is always a good option. I'm not a big fan of tape myself I prefer spinning disk. I've just had more media failures with tape vs disk. I have an 300TB L700 that just sits around because the tape library media is never dependable.

We used to use Veritas Backup Exec to store on tape media and my jobs were failing for the same reasons as yours I think. I use removable hard drives for back up now since we weren't taking tapes offsite anyways.

We used to use Veritas Backup Exec to store on tape media and my jobs were failing for the same reasons as yours I think. I use removable hard drives for back up now since we weren't taking tapes offsite anyways.

We use Veritas to back up to either our Netapp or EMC storage. We attempted to use a product from Syncsort. It was the biggest piece of crap and we ended up getting our 2 mil back from them.

We use Veritas to back up to either our Netapp or EMC storage. We attempted to use a product from Syncsort. It was the biggest piece of crap and we ended up getting our 2 mil back from them.

I vote Dantz for the biggest piece of crap backup/recovery systems in the world.