Halp Help us pick our fall vacation spot

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,116
Steam
mattressfish
As you fucks know, April and I like to take quite a few long weekend vacations every year. So far we've been to Texas (not a vacation), New Orleans, and I think someplace else that I forget. This month we've got Maryland. In July we go to the Frio River in Texas for a week. Then at Thanksgiving, we usually go see my mom in Michigan. I think we probably need one more in the September or October time frame. Where should we go?

Requirement:
Must be in continental US
Must be somewhere within an hour of a major airport
Preferably some place that Southwest or American flies into
Not California

Preferred:
I would like some place to maybe see the leaves change

@APRIL can add her requirements when she sees this.

Based on that, where do you guys think we should go?

Last edited:
I like the Canada idea.

Some place with breweries. What about NC, we've talked about that one... sister lives there, we could road trip it too, drag @Wessels with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Canada idea.

Some place with breweries. What about NC, we've talked about that one... sister lives there, we could road trip it too, drag @Wessels with us.

Gatlinburg (TN on the other east of the smokies) is gorgeous in the fall. you could drive through/all over the smokies staying in little hotels. Head through the mountains on the Maggie Valley Parkway to Asheville (small, but bright city). Fabulous people, relaxed atmosphere, and truly beautiful scenery.

I absolutely love it there.

We "car camped" in Pigeon Forge (just east of Gatlinburg & a bit touristy, but still cute), then through the Smokies about 7 miles to Gatlinburg for a couple days - there's a kick ass aquarium there and a Dukes of Hazzard museum, etc. then off to Asheville, NC further east through the mountains (we have fam there.)

Last edited:
As you fucks know, April and I like to take quite a few long weekend vacations every year. So far we've been to Texas (not a vacation), New Orleans, and I think someplace else that I forget. This month we've got Maryland. In July we go to the Frio River in Texas for a week. Then at Thanksgiving, we usually go see my mom in Michigan. I think we probably need one more in the September or October time frame. Where should we go?

Requirement:
Must be in continental US
Must be somewhere within an hour of a major airport
Preferably some place that Southwest or American flies into
Not California

Preferred:
I would like some place to maybe see the leaves change

@APRIL can add her requirements when she sees this.

Based on that, where do you guys think we should go?

Grand Junction, CO.

You will fucking love it.

I was born there!

Denver's a little more... everything, though.

They've done Denver. GJ in the fall has the whole 'seasonal awesomeness' he's looking for.

Plus, it's just a short jaunt down to Arches National park in Moab, or the Grand Mesa.

Plus, all the vineyards along there make for a great full day winery tour.

Well, obviously you know all this. But they don't.