Help. My file(s) is/are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoblivion

Flaccid Member
Jan 5, 2006
Marklar
₥0
So I downloaded all seven seasons of Naruto and I was about halfway done watching them. I restarted my computer and now for whatever reason every episode is missing, but it's still taking up space on my hard drive. Is there a way to get this back and if not how would I make windows free up the 30gigs it took up?

I tried loading up some live linux CD's but they don't seem like they want to work. I've tried knoppix and kororaa as they were the two I had sitting around. I'm running Windows Vista. Any help would be great. If I have to reformat and redownload that fine, but I'd rather not unless I have to.

theacoustician said:
You want people to help you get your illegally downloaded material back .... umm .... no.
You don't even have to tell me how to get it back. I'll settle for getting the space back. When the files left they didn't give me back the 30 gigs they took up.

April23 said:
How's the Vista? I'm interested in moving over to that.. :hi2u:
It's ok I guess. Some things are really annoying, like it prompts you for stuff all the time. If I try to open say the control panel it will pop up a little box that says someone is trying to access the control panel, do you want to let this happen? They put some stuff in weird places, but overall my experience has been ok.

Really it's like XP only it looks better and if it BSOD on me I just chalk it up to being in beta. One thing I do like though is that if something crashes it will ask you if you want windows to find a fix. So far nothings been fixed but I guess they are still working on that. You can also run hardware test, like checking ram and stuff. I don't know if you can do that in XP.

I was able to find the files, for whatever reason I guess it just lost the pointer to the folder.

xoblivion said:
It's ok I guess. Some things are really annoying, like it prompts you for stuff all the time. If I try to open say the control panel it will pop up a little box that says someone is trying to access the control panel, do you want to let this happen? They put some stuff in weird places, but overall my experience has been ok.

Really it's like XP only it looks better and if it BSOD on me I just chalk it up to being in beta. One thing I do like though is that if something crashes it will ask you if you want windows to find a fix. So far nothings been fixed but I guess they are still working on that. You can also run hardware test, like checking ram and stuff. I don't know if you can do that in XP.

I was able to find the files, for whatever reason I guess it just lost the pointer to the folder.
So it's pretty much XP with a neat gui and a few added macho computer things?

April23 said:
So it's pretty much XP with a neat gui and a few added macho computer things?

Actually it's pretty much a ripoff of both Tiger and Linux at the same time. I highly recommend waiting until they have a packaged RTM version before installing it on a primary use machine, it's very buggy right now.

If you really want to see it... Grab a free copy of MSoft Virtual Server or VMWare and build a virtual machine to load it on. Vista is currently much better when you can just delete the machine files and move on.

reverendsaintjay said:
Actually it's pretty much a ripoff of both Tiger and Linux at the same time. I highly recommend waiting until they have a packaged RTM version before installing it on a primary use machine, it's very buggy right now.

If you really want to see it... Grab a free copy of MSoft Virtual Server or VMWare and build a virtual machine to load it on. Vista is currently much better when you can just delete the machine files and move on.

Why thank you kind sir. I'll just wait, my machine is buggy enough as it is. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.