Hello, Hello.... (wtf)

P

Pogosuzy

F33nX went to the emergency room last night. It was quite an ordeal, first for making her go see her doctor, then finding out her doctor on her new health plan didn't want to see her (apparenly before her enrollment, the doctor was not accepting new patients even thought the enrollment went through and the receptionist told her to go fuck herself) and having to get a new doctor on the fly to give her a referral for urgent care (yay shitty health care plan).

She's doing okay. Guess what she was diagnosed with? Vertigo. Apparently she has a viral infection that caused her inner ear to go all wonky on her, making her dizzy and nauseated and stuff. She has meds for it, but she's been confined to bed until she can see straight again.

If you guys get bored today, send her some love and humor, she is so upset that she can't go to work and all she can basically do it sit up for like an hour at a time and then go back to bed.

:(

i hope she gets to feeling better soon! i know that can drive a person crazy. make sure she gets some good drugs! :)

Much :heart:

Vertigo can be a nasty thing, I work for neurologists and we have people who come in who can't even walk straight, they're all running into walls and stuff. One of the nastier tests we perform is having a dizzy person stand, close their eyes and try to walk in place. We had a guy one time make it as far as closing his eyes and then he went down. That's no fun at all! :(

I hope she gets better very soon!

:heart:

Hello, Hello
Hola!
I'm at a place called Vertigo (D�nde est�s?) [Where are you?]
It's everything I wish I didn't know
But you give me something I can feel
Feel

All this, all this can be yours
All of this, all of this can be yours
All this, all of this can be yours
Just give me what I want
And no one gets hurt

Get that woman a laptop to use when she can sit up! She never gets to post often enough. Better yet, tell her to start posting pics :drool:

Hope you get better soon F33nx! :heart:

awww, y'all are so sweet :heart:

this really sucks. every time i move, it feels like the moving never stops. i've had fever/chills since saturday, i feel horribly puky from all this extrasensation moving nonsense, and worst of all, i can't work. however, i am being pressured by work to go in today at least for the afternoon because i need to perform the dissection for the bone culture we're supposed to be running.

i was given antivert, which really isn't anything special. all it seems to do is make me wanna sleep and not operate heavy machinery.

whee.

helloooo....is it me you're looking for?
lionel%20richie%20sculpture.jpg

I saw a great special on motion sickness and the way the inner ear works on the discovery channel. One test they did was awesome. They put a guy in a chamber and started it spinning in one direction. He thought it was a window in front of him to look out but it was really a tv screen showing everything spinning the opposite direction. After a few minutes they let the guy out and he couldn't walk and was extremly sick. He looked like he was super drunk. It was a mean experiment.

b_sinning said:
I saw a great special on motion sickness and the way the inner ear works on the discovery channel. One test they did was awesome. They put a guy in a chamber and started it spinning in one direction. He thought it was a window in front of him to look out but it was really a tv screen showing everything spinning the opposite direction. After a few minutes they let the guy out and he couldn't walk and was extremly sick. He looked like he was super drunk. It was a mean experiment.
just reading that and trying to picture it is making me feel ill :puke:

I've had that virus like that before
It fucked me up for a month.
It was over christmas break my HS senior year. Screwed me over for district in swimming cause my body was all out of whack. :(